Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
I don't care for the wheels and there's just something else missing. That's just not right. I also hate it when someone tries to pass something off for something it's not. Like putting the GT stuff, badges and all, on a V6. I know I'm probably slammin someone here but it's just my opinion.

·
Registered
465 Posts
woodj said:
I don't care for the wheels and there's just something else missing. That's just not right. I also hate it when someone tries to pass something off for something it's not. Like putting the GT stuff, badges and all, on a V6. I know I'm probably slammin someone here but it's just my opinion.
I could not agree more with you. All the wannabee Cobra's, GT 500's, Eleanor's, etc.., who do you think you're fooling?
As to this particular car with the exception of the very impressive engine, it's kinda "Boy Racer" looking, especially those ugly wheels! The whole car looks out of sync to me.

·
Registered
172 Posts
woodj said:
Anytime you try to make a car into something its not I suspect someone will perceive it as posing. I know that my personal belief is that GT owners who remove their GT badges are just as guilty but it amazes me that there are some who believe this is perfectly acceptable. I suspect its all a matter of perception...

G

·
I don't care for the C O B R A billboard on the sides and back, I can see the snakes, I'm not blind. The white wheels are fugly imo. Other than that, it looks ok. The twin screws kick a$$. It can back up the looks.

Anybody who paint a Mach 1 black hood or a LeMans stripe Shelby look, or a Cobra emblem wheel, or a LNR kit is a poser? What about a V-6 with a GT grill, rockers, etc? Who cares what people do with their cars. It's their car. There is no 2005 nor 2006 Cobra so how can it be fake? If there was a SVT Cobra in 2005 I maybe could kinda see the fake thing but, there isn't, he made his own, so what? There is no 2005 LNR, Mach1, Boss, Cobra so peeps make their own interpretation, jeesh.
I'm customizing my Pony as well, so who cares?
I KNOW it is no SVT/ Shelby and chances are I won't want to put $70,000 down on one. Not to get emo but, life is short, do what you guys want to do.
If you are wanting to show it as a Concourse original stock then, you can't paint your calipers red or add rice ground effects. Good luck with that and your future endeavors...

·
Registered
454 Posts
R3dF1r3 said:
Anybody who paint a Mach 1 black hood or a LeMans stripe Shelby look, or a Cobra emblem wheel, or a LNR kit is a poser?
See you've missed the point. I've got LeMans stripes painted on my car. Does that mean I'm trying to pass it off as a LeMans race car? I don't think so. My car is an 05 Mustang GT. That's what it is and that's all it is. I'm just saying that re-badging, putting on a GT grill, dual exhausts, etc. to a V6 so that from all outward appearances it looks like a GT is a scam. If you do all the rest except put the GT badges on it than I have no problem with that. If you took your GT and bought some silver lettering and glued SHELBY across the back than I just think you're being a little foolish.

·
Registered
150 Posts
:eek:fftopic ok...it just doesn't matter...whatever you want to do, that's fine...paint it with barberpole stripes and wear a beenie...wear dark sunglasses at night and sport a Porshe keychain...use shoepolish on your bald spot...keep a picture of Christy Brinkley in your wallet...wait...how did THAT get there....well anyway...do what the heck YOU want...just don't get all twisted out of shape when someone else thinks YOUR a geek and your car is a four wheel pansy wagon....

I would rather be considered a fool than keep the company of fools.

My mantra is: WHY IN THE HECK DID YOU DO THAT??? Because I wanted to.

·
Registered
191 Posts
my mantra is : if brute force isn't working, you're not using enough of it.

G

·
woodj said:
See you've missed the point. I've got LeMans stripes painted on my car. Does that mean I'm trying to pass it off as a LeMans race car? I don't think so. My car is an 05 Mustang GT. That's what it is and that's all it is. I'm just saying that re-badging, putting on a GT grill, dual exhausts, etc. to a V6 so that from all outward appearances it looks like a GT is a scam. If you do all the rest except put the GT badges on it than I have no problem with that. If you took your GT and bought some silver lettering and glued SHELBY across the back than I just think you're being a little foolish.
Anybody putting "SVT" or "SHELBY" on the '05 is obviously going a bit far and doing the a.m. mod centers a disservice to a degree. That would be dumb.
Putting a GT (V8) emblem on a V6 is not good taste. However, a V6 getting dual exhaust is a good performance mod.
Putting a snake in your wheel centers or on a fender is hardly being too over the top when compared to LNR kits, Mach1 paint schemes, Boss stripes and logos, GT350/ GT500 stripes, etc.

In any case, People should do what they want and enjoy it.

I went to a fair recently and they had a "win this car" trap setup. It happened to be a 2005 "GT" at first distance glance from side view, blue painted with white stripes and white rocker stripes saying "MUSTANG GT". As I got closer and saw the car I immediatly knew it was a V6. Pretty lame of the clowns putting this thing on. Once I told the crowd this most walked away.I guess for free wtf...

·
Registered
454 Posts
R3dF1r3 said:
Putting a GT (V8) emblem on a V6 is not good taste. However, a V6 getting dual exhaust is a good performance mod.
Putting a snake in your wheel centers or on a fender is hardly being too over the top when compared to LNR kits, Mach1 paint schemes, Boss stripes and logos, GT350/ GT500 stripes, etc.

I think we're in agreement. That's really all I was trying to say.

·
Registered
465 Posts
R3dF1r3 said:
Anybody putting "SVT" or "SHELBY" on the '05 is obviously going a bit far and doing the a.m. mod centers a disservice to a degree. That would be dumb.

I went to a fair recently and they had a "win this car" trap setup. It happened to be a 2005 "GT" at first distance glance from side view, blue painted with white stripes and white rocker stripes saying "MUSTANG GT". As I got closer and saw the car I immediatly knew it was a V6. Pretty lame of the clowns putting this thing on. Once I told the crowd this most walked away.I guess for free wtf...
This is what I'm speaking to: You were correct in bringing this hoax to the poor dupes who thought they were trying to win a GT. I would have done the same and I drive a V6!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts