Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, had a great weekend. Friday evening I took the Mustang to a local Cruise-in. Spent a couple of hours, and got a couple of ohhs and ahhs. A nice kick off.
Saturday I packed the wife and kids off to a Carshow/ County Fair about an hour south of me. I got to do the carshow thing, the kids got to go on the rides, and my wife was happy to look at the crafts and just spend time as a family. I even made some new friends. (OK, so he drives a Chevy, we can't all be perfect) Took a trophy home to boot. I also got to see my first DeTomaso Pantera in person. Way cool car. Asked the guy one question and the next thing you know he's tearing his car apart.
Sunday I went to another car show at the local Harley Davidson place put on by the Kiwanis Club. Got to see some great cars, including an absolutely pristine '64 convertible that was just finished. Oddly enough, on my way into the parking lot, I was behind a Ferrari F-430. I thought I was in for some stiff competition, but wanted a look at that Ferrari anyway. Imagine my disapointment when they turned into the supermarket lot. WHO TAKES A FERRARI TO GO FOOD SHOPPING? Anyway, it was a good day, took home another trophy. I love shows, you meet the best people.

Attachments

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
Wow what a great weekend! Congrats on your trophy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Heres what I want to know. How does a "new' car get trophies? I mean its new right? There shouldnt be anything worn, torn, or abused. I see alot of newer Mustangs with these trophies and I wonder what they went up against............ A 1970 Mustang with 70,000 miles thats been sitting in someones garage?

Just wondering thats all.................

Jeff

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
I'd have to say that anybody can own a car such as ours.
Yet, not everyone takes the time to take care of them, perhaps
a custom paint job or stripe. Nice wheels ETC... So my guess
is that people just appreciate the "classic" beauty that these
Mustangs possess.
I see many Mustangs in any given day however, I hardly ever
see one that stands out in a crowd. When I do it gets my attention!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi white angel, id like to ask u question,i just bought myself a new gt convertiable, and ive got this vibration up through the center consul next to the gear shift, also my dash board squeeks on the drivers side,,have you any problems like this ,,or have u heard anything bout this,,

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
PONY STABLE said:
Hi white angel, id like to ask u question,i just bought myself a new gt convertiable, and ive got this vibration up through the center consul next to the gear shift, also my dash board squeeks on the drivers side,,have you any problems like this ,,or have u heard anything bout this,,
Sorry I don't ,You might try posting your question in the tech section of the year of your mustang. Scroll to the bottom of the
page you go to and there should be an area to post a new thread. Also try searching for posts on this subject, I've seen them
out there!
Someone should be able to help you. Good luck!:eyepoppin

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
citruspilot said:
Heres what I want to know. How does a "new' car get trophies? I mean its new right? There shouldnt be anything worn, torn, or abused. I see alot of newer Mustangs with these trophies and I wonder what they went up against............ A 1970 Mustang with 70,000 miles thats been sitting in someones garage?

Jeff
In my case, I have a custom paint job, and accessories. My engine is also completely detailed. It's never seen rain. A car doesn't have to be old to show. I'm usually not in the same class as the classic mustangs anyway. Of the two shows I was in this weekend, one had me in a 2000 and newer class, and the second show was spectator/ participant choice. I've been in all Mustang shows where they're broken down into classic, fox body, fox-4 body, and S197's. Those will usually be broken down further into convertible, or specialty mustangs like Roush, Saleen, etc. A show like that might see 12 or more classes.

S

·
0 Posts
citruspilot said:

Jeff
You're absolutely right and I felt the same way until I had my first show. I was showing my 96 GT that we'd had for a year and had bought in 99. It appeared clean and perfect But you'd be surprised at the detail that's involved in getting even a new car "show ready". There are nooks and crannys that can need attention straight from the dealer. I have an appreciation for showing new cars that I didn't before. As stated above as well, they typically have the cars in different classes so the idea of a person driving a car off the lot straight to a show and beating a clean and straight vintage Stang won't happen.

Snack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts