Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who are looking to make big power there really is not to many options for you. Either run Lethals Set Up or a GT500 with dual Baps. Which is what I plan on running until I can get enough money to buy this kit.

Rumor has it that the fuel hat is priced at around 400 it supports 3 GT40 Fuel pumps. Increasing flow at 20% just by the upgraded fuel hat. You can also run two pumps with out placing in the third.

Now the only issue that came to my mind was the FPDM you need one for each pump and the wire harness well that can get expensive, sense ford does not offer them by them selves. you would have to buy the entire GT500 fuel system.

They are making a MDM which will create enough juice for all three pumps for around 599.

Just wanted to share this with every one who plans on pushing some major power or just want to be safe. There are not offical dates when it will be released or not. I will wait until this oct. to buy mine after I upgrade to my D1 and go to 20psi.

A great remedy sense the GT500 pumps are not that effecient when pushing over 680-700 with out having to have two baps. The only reason why I plan to do that with my car is because I all ready have one now and it will be efficient for the time.

The entire kit which will include Pumps, lines, filter, fittings and rails or you can buy it piece by piece and build your own which is what I am going to do sense I have half the stuff needed

Attachments

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention it is being produced by Fore, Lethal Performance, and Zone 5

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
i like all the shiny parts :)

·
Registered
810 Posts
That will be in my car when its release. It will take away from my car trailer money but I need a better fuel system.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That will be in my car when its release. It will take away from my car trailer money but I need a better fuel system.
same here i cant afford it right now because there are other mods I need as well but once i get my D1 installed that is most def going in this winter. I plan on doing the three GT40 Pumps.

But for now I will just do whats in planned that is efficient for 750

·
Registered
810 Posts
I have a GT40 pump in my car right now, so I will be adding two more to have 3 as well. Hoping to see very low duty cycle with there matched up with the MDM.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah fore is also making fuel rails as well. I plan to hold out for those as well. I guess you can say my new fuel system will just be a band aid and a temp fix just to finish my tune.

I really do hate mods because as soon as I think I am getting close to being finished some thing like this comes out.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I thought this was a thread on how to get me 30mpg. :nogrinner

Glad you got your fuel issues worked out. Did you resolve your problem with Brenspeed?

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nope I wrote back to them a couple times and they did not reply to my last E-Mail. Kind of left me very unsatisfied, but every thing will work out in the long run. ST Motorsports is hooking me up with a BAP and a GT500 System for a great price.

So I will just run the GT500 system and a BAP to each pump which is not the best because if a BAP goes out then I might be in trouble but like I said its going to just be a band aid to get it tuned and until this system in released on the market and I am sure I wont have any trouble getting ride of the GT500 pumps for all most the price I paid for it. Sense I am getting a pretty good deal.

It should be tuned and ready to go in about 3 weeks and then we can finally start working on the paint job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.