Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so today I'm coming home from doing some xmas shopping and notice that a gas station on the way is 10c cheaper per liter (40c cheaper per gallon) than it's competitors. The Redeemer's at 1/4 tank so, time to fill up. This doucher in a LOWERED Probe screams in from the station's other entrance and blasts into the pump I was about to take. Ok, no big deal I'm not in a rush, I can wait. The guy gets out of the car and he's one of these sideways-baseball cap, tear-away Adidas pants and puffy jacket poseurs. Gabbing away on his cell phone and filling up his car. In case you're wondering using a cell while you're gassing up is perfectly safe. Mythbusters completely busted that urban myth.

So finally buddy finishes gassing up and pulls away, I move in and begin gassing up. This clown comes up and starts talking to me about the 'Stang. "Is it a V6 or GT? How many horses, etc etc. He's not being an ass (yet), but clearly not realizing that a GT has those big frikkin fog lamps on the grille, and the GT emblem clearly on the side... which my ride does NOT have. Then his phone rings and he goes away and makes a drug deal (I presume). I pull out of the station, and he follows me out. At the first light, he pulls up beside and revs his engine. Ok... so he wants to race huh? I roll lower my passenger window and motion for him to do the same. I lean over and tell him "Listen, that's not a good idea."

"Oh? You afraid to bring it on?"

"No, I just think it's a REALLY bad idea."

"What? You just a yuppie with a new car, you know you got nothing."

Ok fine, so he's gonna be a jerk about it. I don't know squat about Probes and honestly couldn't tell you if it was modded or not, save for the lowered suspension and low profiles. Lights start to change, and I just shake my head and smile. He revs his motor, I rev mine, and the green hits and he blasts through the intersection... About .2 seconds before the cop behind me pulls around, lights flashing and stops him about 50-80 meters down. The cop I saw in my rearview, and he didn't. Going a respectably legal 50Kmh past him, I honk and wave.

I told him it was a bad idea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,871 Posts
hahaha I do that all the time to the locals around here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,404 Posts
You definitely need to go looking for that guy. IT'S TIME TO DECLARE WAR ON RICERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
Redeemer said:
Okay, so today I'm coming home from doing some xmas shopping and notice that a gas station on the way is 10c cheaper per liter (40c cheaper per gallon) than it's competitors. The Redeemer's at 1/4 tank so, time to fill up. This doucher in a LOWERED Probe screams in from the station's other entrance and blasts into the pump I was about to take. Ok, no big deal I'm not in a rush, I can wait. The guy gets out of the car and he's one of these sideways-baseball cap, tear-away Adidas pants and puffy jacket poseurs. Gabbing away on his cell phone and filling up his car. In case you're wondering using a cell while you're gassing up is perfectly safe. Mythbusters completely busted that urban myth.

So finally buddy finishes gassing up and pulls away, I move in and begin gassing up. This clown comes up and starts talking to me about the 'Stang. "Is it a V6 or GT? How many horses, etc etc. He's not being an ass (yet), but clearly not realizing that a GT has those big frikkin fog lamps on the grille, and the GT emblem clearly on the side... which my ride does NOT have. Then his phone rings and he goes away and makes a drug deal (I presume). I pull out of the station, and he follows me out. At the first light, he pulls up beside and revs his engine. Ok... so he wants to race huh? I roll lower my passenger window and motion for him to do the same. I lean over and tell him "Listen, that's not a good idea."

"Oh? You afraid to bring it on?"

"No, I just think it's a REALLY bad idea."

"What? You just a yuppie with a new car, you know you got nothing."

Ok fine, so he's gonna be a jerk about it. I don't know squat about Probes and honestly couldn't tell you if it was modded or not, save for the lowered suspension and low profiles. Lights start to change, and I just shake my head and smile. He revs his motor, I rev mine, and the green hits and he blasts through the intersection... About .2 seconds before the cop behind me pulls around, lights flashing and stops him about 50-80 meters down. The cop I saw in my rearview, and he didn't. Going a respectably legal 50Kmh past him, I honk and wave.

I told him it was a bad idea.
Haha, too bad you didn't have a camera. Btw, I resent the fact you make the assumption that addidas tearaways are ghetto cuz I wear them, and I'm def not ghetto.:tongue

Also, what's worse than the askew baseball hat is the flat-rimmed baseball hat....can't stand when guys wear em like that. HAHA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
Also, what's worse than the askew baseball hat is the flat-rimmed baseball hat....can't stand when guys wear em like that. HAHA
WITH the hologram sticker still on it. Can someone explain that to me??? The only thing I can come up with is it's a way of saying "yo, I got so much mad bling that I can wear a new hat every day bizzatches"
 
G

·
alkaline3 said:
WITH the hologram sticker still on it. Can someone explain that to me??? The only thing I can come up with is it's a way of saying "yo, I got so much mad bling that I can wear a new hat every day bizzatches"
I saw a kid yesterday who not only had the sticker still on it, the price tag was still dangling from the top. :doh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
The price tag? You know, that's not new. Minnie Pearl was doing that in the 1940's! Was he wearing a gingham dress and cotton tights, too?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
meangreen92 said:
You definitely need to go looking for that guy. IT'S TIME TO DECLARE WAR ON RICERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you know that's a war we'd never win right...it's like fighting a girl...you're damned if you do and damned if you don't...

oh and good kill...that hasn't happened to me yet but I saw it happen to 2 guys in front of me a few years ago...except the cop was in front of them coming the opposite way and when they launched they had a red light in front of them too...so the cop just lighted up and busted a u turn and grabbed em...
 
G

·
MCPG said:
The price tag? You know, that's not new. Minnie Pearl was doing that in the 1940's! Was he wearing a gingham dress and cotton tights, too?
Don't give me Grand Ole' Opry flashbacks. I had enough of that when I was a child.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Don't give you Opry flashbacks! I have to live it every day. How do you think I feel?
But this isn't about us, it's about the neanderthal in the sideways ballcap who thinks that shoplifting sneakers makes him a major player in organized crime. I wonder how people like that think they're going to survive when they have to grow up. Don't get me wrong; I'm all for expressing individuality. In fact, right after I graduated from high school I had a pink mohawk. I also had a job in a factory working 60 hours a week so I could pay for college and insurance on my Mustang.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Hey, I'm all for expressing too... I'm just not much on pieces of flair.

Different subcultures mean different things to different people I guess, but I'd probably go talk to the guy with the pink mohawk... sideways hat flat brim with sticker guy, no so much. Punks are some of the nicest/gentlest people on the planet contrary to popular image - the worst they'll do to you is subject you to a Jello Biafra rant that you've already heard :tongue

I just think there's a line, and it's getting trampled on. Like, there were a fair number of totally innocent (and not so innocent) people shot in Toronto this summer. Just 'cause fiddy cent et al managed to get the word out that if you get dissed you gotta shoot yo. (I think it was less than 50 shot & killed this year, but that's a big deal for us)

Is 25 too young to be constantly fighting off the urge to go on "damn kids" rants??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
861 Posts
Ah, the wonders of the United States, and our Northern Brothers, eh?

The ability to do what you want, when you want, how you want, and only have to fear being caught by the cops. Freedom, isn't it great?

By the way, nice kill. Those are the best ones, the ones were you don't have to win to win... does that make sense?:eyebulge:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tw0scoops123 said:
Haha, too bad you didn't have a camera. Btw, I resent the fact you make the assumption that addidas tearaways are ghetto cuz I wear them, and I'm def not ghetto.:tongue

Also, what's worse than the askew baseball hat is the flat-rimmed baseball hat....can't stand when guys wear em like that. HAHA
Adidas tearaways by themselves, no not ghetto. Adidas tearaways, puffy jacket, sideways baseball cap, and a riced-out car? Then you should be slapped for being so unbelievably ghetto.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
meangreen92 said:
You definitely need to go looking for that guy. IT'S TIME TO DECLARE WAR ON RICERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you the man hate imports and they dont stand a chance agenst a good old amarican V-8:evillol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
Love that 'kill'. I have only ever had something that poetically just happen to me once - and it was a long time ago. About twelve years, in fact, but so good I will never forget it. The details are still clear today.

For awhile, the street I travelled to work every day, which was normally two lanes each direction, had a lane on each side closed for construction. The speed limit was 45 and I usually did 50 or 55 through there. People would be behind me going slower than me, but when they would see the 'lane closed ahead' sign, they would gun it to about 60 and squeeze in front of me just before the lane closed. As if that weren't bad enough, they would then slow down to somewhere in the 35 mph range. This happened not once, but many consecutive mornings with many different idiot drivers. One particular morning, I decided that enough was enough. I went rolling down through there at about 55. There was a big car, something like a Park Avenue, right behind me. The 'lane closed ahead' sign appeared and we both got into the other lane, the Park Avenue still behind me. This girl in a red Celica behind her, however, decided she would pass us both. I was driving a five speed Grand Am sport at the time and it was respectably quick. I sped up so this stupid girl couldn't pass me, and she didn't - not downshifting and taking off, mind you, just enough that she couldn't pull the fly-by (although I don't think anyone used that term back then). The Park Avenue was only about a quarter of a car length behind me because the lady driving that car obviously was tired of such B.S. as well. However, once the Celica girl saw that she couldn't pass me, she forced her way in behind me, nearly clipping my back corner and causing the Park Avenue to hit her brakes and swerve. I was looking in my mirror and was able to see the anger on the face of the lady in the Park Avenue. I even read her lips as she yelled, "Son of a b****!" - just before she turned on the blue lights hidden in the grill of that big Park Avenue. The last thing I saw before both of them pulled over and I drove on out of sight was the pale-faced look of fear worn by the stupid girl in the Celica.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JB02GT said:
The last thing I saw before both of them pulled over and I drove on out of sight was the pale-faced look of fear worn by the stupid girl in the Celica.
Niiice kill! Can you dig it!
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top