Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a nice pleasant surprise a couple of days ago when I mistakenly hit the SIRIUS button and lo and behold, all the satellite channels were available again. My initial subscription ran out in late January.
Just wondering if this is some sort of promotion that's only going to last for a few days and have any of you mysteriously gotten your subscription back without asking?

·
Registered
246 Posts
It may have to do with the settlement -- pending -- of a class action suit against Sirius. Part of the settlement involves giving a free month to former subscribers.

I'm a current sub, so I got a copy of the settlement terms yesterday.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It may have to do with the settlement -- pending -- of a class action suit against Sirius. Part of the settlement involves giving a free month to former subscribers.

I'm a current sub, so I got a copy of the settlement terms yesterday.
Good to know. Thank you mmcgan11 and binarylinguist.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
439 Posts
OK I got it I have yet to turn on my free stuff, does that run out? I was waiting for the weather to break and it has, I was gonna start my free 6 months

·
Registered
719 Posts
I hate they ram that crap down everyones throat!

You can order an stripe delete, a spoiler delete but not a sirius delete or even an antenna delete.:banghead::banghead::fuming:

I hate that tacky plastic wart!

·
Registered
228 Posts
OK I got it I have yet to turn on my free stuff, does that run out? I was waiting for the weather to break and it has, I was gonna start my free 6 months
You don't pick when you want your 6 month free trial to begin. It begins from your date of purchase.

·
Registered
246 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
I had xm a few years ago before they merged with sirius and the sound quality was much better. I heard that they had reduced the bandwidth to lower costs and squeeze more channels in...I listen to it now once in a while but I've got a mp3 player that has all my music on it that doesn't sound like @#@#( when I turn the volume up. ;)

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
I stepped away from it for a few months after it expired. They kept sending promotional mail, encouraging me to come back and finally sent me a year offer I couldn't refuse, so I bought it.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
I fell in love with it quickly as I'm a talk radio guy and drive in rural areas where there's little if any decent radio stations. After the 6 months I called them about their long-term deals and I ended up with a lifetime subscription. If I used it for more than about three years It would pay for itself and that was well over three years ago. I can switch radios three times under the deal.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I called Sirius because my subscription ran out. Called them asked if they had the $75 a year promotion they tried to sell me on something more expensive. Then asked if I would give them my email address for promotions. Couple days later I was sent a survey by email about my call I mentioned how they would not match a promotion my friend received. Guy said well I am offering you $75 today to sign up for one year :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hey guys, question along these lines... I know the Premium GT comes with the Sirius radio and a 6 month free trial but does the regular 2012 GT (300? basic package GT) come with a Sirius radio too but that you just have to pay for service from day one...? Can't figure that out from the 2012 catalog. Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Your right the quality of sound from the Sirius is of much lower qualty than the CD player.

·
Registered
122 Posts
A few days after my free 6 mo. trial expired last year I called their customer service number (888-539-7474) and asked for the Sirius Select 5 Month plan ($19.86 plus fees = $24.61). I don't drive the car enough to justify the regular pricing. When the 5 months was up the subscription recently renewed automatically at the regular pricing (3 months for $38.85 plus fees = $43.05). I called back on the first day of the new period and asked for the same plan I had before (Sirius Select 5 Month plan), and they told me to ignore the first invoice and pay the 2nd one, which I just received ($24.61). Note I opted to be invoiced instead of providing a credit card. So, I've put the end of the 2nd 5 month period on my calendar, to call again. I don't think there is any way to get the lower price without asking each time.

F

·
0 Posts
Hi Revenge,

To my understanding your free 6 months start at the time of purchase and your dealer has to turn it on for you. If you turn it on, let’s say, 4 months after purchase then you will only have 2 months. Please contact your selling Ford dealer as soon as possible.

Deysha

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
$25 for 5 months is a very fair price. I'd actually pay that.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm near the end of my 6-month period and I'm having a tough time deciding.... there are not enough "metal" channels on Sirius (really only one, unless I'm missing something). And I can't even find the other niches of music I like. Why is there so much country and hip hop, and so little '80s New Wave and '80s metal? Even their '80s channel rarely plays the '80s bands I like.

Plus it all sounds like 64-96 kbps MP3s.

·
Registered
228 Posts
and so little '80s New Wave and '80s metal?
Because 80's metal sucks. You've got Hair Nation, Boneyard, and some stuff on Liquid Metal. That's plenty.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.