Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't remember if it was like this when I got my car but there is a VERY annoying buzzing/rattling noise inside my car while I drive. It only happens between 2k-3k RPM's when my exhaust is loudest so it leads me to believe the vibrations is making something rattle. It sounds like its coming from behind my kenwood touch screen head unit but I can't really make out where its coming from it could be anywhere. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars at the dealership trying to have them figure out what it is so does anyone have similar expierences?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mine has the same problem...my loud music generally drowns out the sound though...It's somewhere in the dash I believe but I just can't figure out what it is...just wanted to let you know you weren't in that boat alone

·
Registered
90 Posts
I also have a similar vibration related issue. Mine is a small creek that occurs somewhere in the dash- to the right of the stereo controls- nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah its nothing to worry about and when I'm alone I don't care because I bump my music. But when I'm with my girl or have friends in the car and are trying to talk its so annoying and almost embarrasing.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
my cluster trim used to vibrate. i could put my finger on the lower trim between the speedo and tach and it would stop. havent had that since i switched clusters.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well hopefully I can figure it out. If anyone else has similar problems or did and knows how to fix it please let me know.

·
Registered
680 Posts
To troubleshoot on other cars that I have owned I have had other people drive/rev in my car at the speed /RPM that makes the noise, and then I ran all over the exterior or pressed my hands in just about every crevice under the dash to find the rattle. Good luck

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you very much. I need to figure out how to take my dash apart without messing anything up lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.