Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is up with these people. I pull into tech and the guys come over to me from the new Camaro in front of me, saying how they are going to kick my you know what. I just smiled and said ,"We will just have to see about that." Well I pulled up for a run, and that car jumps next to me like it really was going to try and whoop on me. Well we know it is just a car and what is all the testosterone about. I am really just there to figure out my new set up . I look over and the guy flips me off. What the heck? So I had my game on at that point. I did my best run of the night 12.21 and he ran a 13.41 well he was a couple or more car lengths behind me. This thing was supercharged , I found out later. They were so mad , they trailered it up and left. Found out later this group is from a local performance shop, who is tring to knoCK off the yellow mustang. My car is slow what the heck? Yet it is still the fastest s197 at our track. Even beats most GT500`S. Well I am sure they will be back , and I got my new torque converter coming Monday. I hope they come out again,because I am figuring out my new set up,and my new TC should knock off 5 tenths. So I can get at least 5 tenths better consistantly now. I think I could do even better once it all comes together also.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Good kill. Love to hear about other car owners who like to run off at the mouth getting swatted. Don't think I'd have any work done at their performance shop.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
camaro owners are all the same. how rare is it to see a FAST camaro. most camaros ive ever run against, ive beat em...in my V6!!! its so sad how they think they are fast, but in reality they are just so mediocre.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good kill. Love to hear about other car owners who like to run off at the mouth getting swatted. Don't think I'd have any work done at their performance shop.
Yea my crazy friend Harley yells out as they were leaving. "They make as suave for that". That way your a** does not hurt so much. I could not believe that, because he is the most humble and quite guys I have met. It was just a crazy night.:yup: Wonder if it was a full moon or something.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
They were so mad , they trailered it up and left.
that is so awesome, love it!! Trailering in a 13 second car, I'd be embarassed as heck after all that posturing, too, but I'm not that kinda guy to pull that nonsense in the first place...

Also, can't wait to see what the TC does for you, keep us posted :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that is so awesome, love it!! Trailering in a 13 second car, I'd be embarassed as heck after all that posturing, too, but I'm not that kinda guy to pull that nonsense in the first place...

I hear you it is only a car. It is not like we are getting in the cage and letting it all hang out. That is a whole other subject though. That is where I am really quite.
Thanks hubkap will keep everyone posted on the TC also.:bigthumbsup
Oh and the best part was in the sixty where I WAVED bye BYE!:wavey

·
Registered
516 Posts

Probably had to trailer it in because it ran like crap. It probably had a lumpy sounding idle they thought was cool, but in actuality was just a bad setup LOL.:gringreen

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Probably had to trailer it in because it ran like crap. It probably had a lumpy sounding idle they thought was cool, but in actuality was just a bad setup LOL.:gringreen
Could be I was told it was cammed and supercharged. I was not impressed by any means. Those cars are very heavy from what I found out.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
cammed, supercharged and still only a 13 second car? wow.... :so lol

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
The meek shall inherit the earth. You crushed him and didnt even run your best possible time. Maybe they should of had a baseline before they talked smack.
Reminds me of my first ever outing to the track in my 94 GT with H/C/I + other mods. I was lined up to race an LT1 Camaro. I told him how it was my first run ever and I was hoping for some 13s. He basically told me my car was slow and with my mods I might be able to get a low 14. Beat him 14.0 to 14.3 first time. Second time he told me he missed a shift and would hit a 14.0 or 13.9. I ran a 13.5 he ran a 14.0 and he didnt return to the pits. Last I saw of him was him heading towards the exit.

It dont pay to talk smack to a car you know nothing about.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Good kill. If the mullet guy flips you off again make sure you're looking through Trijicons.:rollgrin:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Well Done....!!!! :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great kill, but not understanding raking on him for bringing a car in on a trailer even if it was running 13 sec. I trailer my 13 sec. car to the track thats 3 hours away just for the fact if I break something, I still have a way to get home. Nothing like busting a u-joint or something on a Sunday and not being able to make it home.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great kill, but not understanding raking on him for bringing a car in on a trailer even if it was running 13 sec. I trailer my 13 sec. car to the track thats 3 hours away just for the fact if I break something, I still have a way to get home. Nothing like busting a u-joint or something on a Sunday and not being able to make it home.
True , it was just the whole posturing of there mannerism. Give Respect and guess what you get AND vise a versa.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cammed, supercharged and still only a 13 second car? wow.... :so lol
I am way up here in altitude. D/A was 8800 when we ran also.

The meek shall inherit the earth.
It dont pay to talk smack to a car you know nothing about.
I live by that Jaja it keeps my perspective in check. Smack Talk is alway ingnorance shining through.

Good kill. If the mullet guy flips you off again make sure you're looking through Trijicons.:rollgrin:
Funny you should say that my Kimber was next to me on the door. When I backed up to the water, I herd he has a gun on the door. I laughed. OMG he has a gun. Oh brother , it is not like I was pointing it at anyone. Or threating anyone in any way. Dam liberal tree huggers.

·
Registered
290 Posts
lol not bashing mustang owners since i soon will be one. but there are so many guys that say they will kick my friends cars a$$ he has a turbo'd crx not riced but actually nice. he walks over them all and they all talk trash to him everybody does. and he is only running like 220 hp. everybody who puts some parts on a car will talk trash and get mad when they loose its our car loving nature just thought id say its not only camero or challenger owners :p

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
lol not bashing mustang owners since i soon will be one. but there are so many guys that say they will kick my friends cars a$$ he has a turbo'd crx not riced but actually nice. he walks over them all and they all talk trash to him everybody does. and he is only running like 220 hp.
ummm....scuse me...you've never owned a Mustang? And are comparing this OP's story to that of a 220 hp CRX??

I get what you're trying to say though. You think your CRX buddy can tromp BKid?? I'm sure he could walk all over me :laughlitt

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I have talked to a few camaro owners at the track and I have never really had a problem with them. My friend just bought a 2010 Camaro SS just over a week ago. It's a nice car but I wouldn't buy one. I can't wait to race him at the track.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.