1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
413 Posts
I dont see any problem with buying a ported intake... Its no different then porting it yourself.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Wow 525 bucks. I'd hold out and find an explorer intake, damn near the same thing and alot cheaper unless you just have to have the gt40. I figure you can get the explorer intake get it fully ported by tmoss and still have 100-200 bucks in your pocket.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the intake will be worth the money. Their becoming rare, and I like "rare". It's also a really good intake for the 302ci, and it looks AWESOME. So I am willing to cough up some of that cash for it. But I do appreciate everyones yal's input! Thanks

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I say go for the GT40. It's already ported and it's getting rare. Once you add in the cost of the Explorer intake, and cost of porting, it'd only be slightly cheaper. Plus the GT40 is lighter weight than the Explorer.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Porting is an art and a science.

I would NEVER buy a ported intake without knowing who did it and their references.

For all you know the person that did it ruined it and then is trying to pawn it off on someone.

Find an unmolested GT40 and contact Tom Moss.

www.tmossporting.com

He is a member here. tmoss

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Porting is an art and a science.

I would NEVER buy a ported intake without knowing who did it and their references.

For all you know the person that did it ruined it and then is trying to pawn it off on someone.

Find an unmolested GT40 and contact Tom Moss.

www.tmossporting.com

He is a member here. tmoss

I agree with that 100 o/o, but I understand 302feen I just switched my explorer upper for a gt40 intake, my boy gave it to me for free since he was upgrading his intake. I still think that 525 and keep in mind that it has a few days left on it is a little extreme for an intake though.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
last day on that intake, I'm probably going to bid on it!
Thanks for all your advice and opinions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.