Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you all for the advice on the headers. I started to do the smart thing and actually read about my car. I am getting a set of PI heads off of a 2002 mustang. I was just wondering if the intake off of a 99 and up mustang would fit on my car, and after this will throttle body, plenum, and mass airfilter upgrades actually work after these first upgrades.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Phoenix98gt said:
Thank you all for the advice on the headers. I started to do the smart thing and actually read about my car. I am getting a set of PI heads off of a 2002 mustang. I was just wondering if the intake off of a 99 and up mustang would fit on my car, and after this will throttle body, plenum, and mass airfilter upgrades actually work after these first upgrades.
Yes, once you get the PI heads, cams, and intake, you will see very good results from bolt-on parts like a throttle body, CAI, and exhaust mods. Another option would be to buy PI cams, a PI intake, and an adapter to mate your PI intake to your NPI heads. This will make almost the same power as the whole PI swap and could be cheaper, depending on how cheap you are getting the PI heads for.

·
Banned
918 Posts
Gee, I could have swore I said that somewhere before:D

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
blackfang said:
Gee, I could have swore I said that somewhere before:D
I could of have swore that I wasn't the one disagreeing with you. :D

·
Banned
918 Posts
Monkey Boy said:
I could of have swore that I wasn't the one disagreeing with you. :D
Not trying to dispute this, but I kinda disagree.
Here is your reply in another thread where I stated that NPI heads can make a just as much power as PI heads for a PI swap and PI heads are not needed unless you plan on going with a much bigger setup.

Monkey Boy said:
Not only do the NPI heads have a poor exhaust flow but the low lift flow on the intake is pathetic. The PI's are in a whole different league and are worth the money.
Monkey Boy said:
The PI and NPI have the same PEAK flow. That is, they flow the same amount of air at .500 lift. Below .400 lift, the NPI's suck. The valves spend very little time at peak lift, most of their time is spent at low lift. Ask any head porter how important low lift air flow is and they will tell you that it is more important than a heads peak flow.

Yes, you can port NPI heads and make them flow very well. In fact, if you have a supercharged 96-98 GT with the stock shortblock and don't want the high compression ratio that the PI's will give you, porting the NPI's are the way to go. But it is cheaper to buy a set of PI heads than it is to get NPI's ported. If you don't have a blower, PI's are the superior choice.

PI heads aren't just for race motors. Every 99-04 GT has PI heads and they are very streetable. You just don't have a damn clue as to what you are talking about. Get your facts straight before you try to tango with me on engine theory. I'm one of the best on this board.
:)

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
blackfang said:
Not trying to dispute this, but I kinda disagree.
Here is your reply in another thread where I stated that NPI heads can make a just as much power as PI heads for a PI swap and PI heads are not needed unless you plan on going with a much bigger setup.

:)
You just proved my point. I never said in those posts you couldn't make good power with NPI's. I simply stated why the PI's are a better head. I even said in the second post that you can make good power with ported NPI's.

But since this isn't a post about discussing the differences between NPI and PI heads, I'm done talking about it. :drink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.