Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually went two nights this week. Wednesday I tried a different track closer to home and it was horrible, a total cluster****. I only got two runs in and I think I was actually on ice (both runs were a 9.8). By the way, these are 1/8 mile times, the closest 1/4 is about 1 1/2 hours away, but I will get there eventually.
So last night rolls around and I decided I needed to redeem myself, so I headed down to the better track. My first run I line up against a Chevy Cavalier, I take him off the line, miss 3rd, and still beat him by half a second (9.8). The next run was against a bada$$ hotrod, not sure exactly what it was, but if he didn't have his taillights on I probably wouldn't have been able to see him finish.
Thats pretty much how the rest of the night went, me vs. 6 sec hotrod. My time's did improve though, knocking out a best of 9.448 with a .505 r/t, so I was pretty happy about that (not bad for stock). I did run against a stock BMW M5 that was running high 8's and there was also an SRT-4 stage 1 running high 8's as well. We also caught a glimpse of an evo running when we first got there, he ran a 9.8 and left after that. On Wednesday night an 05 Mustang GT ran a 9.8, but like I said, that track was horrible.

·
Registered
179 Posts
ran260gt said:
Drag racing is the best !:laughlitt
do you usually just floor it in drive or start in 1st 2nd then drive when drag racing?

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
ItsaV6iswear! said:
do you usually just floor it in drive or start in 1st 2nd then drive when drag racing?
I shift it myself:D ! it`s the only way for best times !

My best time with it in Drive is 14.4 ,:weeps !

·
Registered
179 Posts
i need to take mine to the track i've never raced anywhere but streets so i don't have any times just who i have and haven't beat.

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hardly ever get challenged on the street, so the track is where I get my fill of racing. It's too bad I always line up against actual drag cars, if not maybe I could get a few more wins under my belt. I have had a couple encounters on the street though. I raced my buddy in his Dodge 3500 turbo diesel twice from light to light and took him both times.

I also had another pickup catch me off guard at a light one day. Once I got on it I start pulling on him, got side by side, then let off when I saw the cop next to me. It was actually my brother who is a deputy, and he was in the car with me giving me a hard time, but I did have the kids in the back seat also, so 60mph was enough. The track is the way to do it, it's safer and legal.

Oh, btw I did race a Honda prelude last night, fart can and all. He gunned it when I was behind him at a light and I stuck to his bumper until I switched lanes and took him before the merge to one lane. The sad thing is I was in my wife's Ford Windstar :laughlitt .

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
FunkyBoss said:
I hardly ever get challenged on the street, so the track is where I get my fill of racing. It's too bad I always line up against actual drag cars, if not maybe I could get a few more wins under my belt. I have had a couple encounters on the street though. I raced my buddy in his Dodge 3500 turbo diesel twice from light to light and took him both times.

I also had another pickup catch me off guard at a light one day. Once I got on it I start pulling on him, got side by side, then let off when I saw the cop next to me. It was actually my brother who is a deputy, and he was in the car with me giving me a hard time, but I did have the kids in the back seat also, so 60mph was enough. The track is the way to do it, it's safer and legal.

Oh, btw I did race a Honda prelude last night, fart can and all. He gunned it when I was behind him at a light and I stuck to his bumper until I switched lanes and took him before the merge to one lane. The sad thing is I was in my wife's Ford Windstar :laughlitt .
What do you run , this story is worthless without your time`s :evillol: !:winks

·
Registered
53 Posts
14 flats are some good times. My cousin's 00 gt with a ported intake elbow, BBK cold air intake a chip with an auto ran 14.55 at 96 mph. So your car is pretty strong for stock or your running down hill.

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ran260gt said:
What do you run , this story is worthless without your time`s :evillol: !:winks
My best ET was listed on the first post, a 9.4 in the 1/8. Speed was 75mph and I believe my 60' was 2.214, but my tires are crap. I was planning on getting either the BFG drag radials or Nitto's, but with the track shutting down in a few weeks, I think that money will be better spent elsewhere (FIPK, Steeda Tri-Ax short shifter, BBK underdrive pulleys, and o/r x-pipe). My driving is improving as well, and the track is switching from Thursday night test and tunes to Sunday afternoons for about a month before they close, so that should give me a little more practice time. I would like to break into the high 8's before they close, but I don't think that will happen without better tires and a few more upgrades :shrug.

I also ran a 9.5, three 9.6's, 9.8, and a 10.1 (missed 2nd and 3rd).

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
mbw1979 said:
14 flats are some good times. My cousin's 00 gt with a ported intake elbow, BBK cold air intake a chip with an auto ran 14.55 at 96 mph. So your car is pretty strong for stock or your running down hill.
ATCO Raceway is at 92feet , so I think that helps alittle .:gringreen

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Went back to the track on Sunday. Best ET was 9.382 and finally got my 60' in the 2.1 range. I am about to get $1500 to $2500 to drop into the car, I am just having trouble deciding what to do. I will definetely do 3.73's, but everything else is up in the air. I really want to do the ZEX wet kit, but I can not find any place that fills nitrous bottles. What would you guys do with $2k:help: ?????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.