Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The GTA's got here yesterday. I went down to the Auto Hobby Shop on base, got on a lift and had them installed in an hour. As everyone advised, I loosened the over-axle pipe to center the tips. I was so worried about centering them, I forgot to check and see how far they are sticking out! :frustrated: The passenger side is right where I want it and the driver's side is out about another 3/4 inch so I have to get it back on the lift and see if I have that over-axle pipe butted all the way up to the H-pipe. Anyway, they sound great (I'll spare the video clip since there are a ton out there already) and here's a before and after shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
971 Posts
If they sound half as good as they look then you are smilin from ear to ear when you fire it up.......looks good and great work!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Congrats... They look great, and I'm sure they sound even better. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
looking good :bigthumbsup: i wonder why i love you stang so much...... :scratchchin:

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
If the tips are not out the same distance, just loosen at the H and either push or pull straight out until they're the same. Have someone hold in place while you tighten.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Yeah Hotshot, I'm kind of fond of your Laura too! :hihi:

Thanks Stl, gonna stop by the auto hobby shop after work today and do just that. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
MAJOR improvement in the looks department...those stock tips are just so wimpy. I bet they sound great too.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks 06Hoss! Yeah, the wimpy tips had to go and I love the sound. They are deeper, throatier and just a little louder than stock. Plus there is zero drone!

My dad lives in Crestview Hills, which I'm sure you know is right down the street from you.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Thanks 06Hoss! Yeah, the wimpy tips had to go and I love the sound. They are deeper, throatier and just a little louder than stock. Plus there is zero drone!

My dad lives in Crestview Hills, which I'm sure you know is right down the street from you.
Yeah, I drive through there all the time. You're going to have to join up with us stangers when we get together. Have you seen the thread for the Kentucky Speedway Drive the Track day? Coming up in less than a month. Also, last year we got together and went down to Carrollton for the Derby club's stang event (That's the Louisville Mustang club). Nice drive and 100s of stangs down there. We came rolling in there with a bunch of S197s all with modified exhaust and you should have seen the heads turn! Lots of fun! Sometimes when it gets warm we go up to the the Sonic in Florence for cheeseburgers...it's off of Sam Neace Rd. up by Mt. Zion. Lot's of cool cars cruising through there.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Sorry Zstaang, I thought you were local when you mentioned Crestview Hills...I see you're actually in VA. But if you're up this way visiting, you should get in contact with me and I'll let you know if we have something happening.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Congrats on your new mod.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry Zstaang, I thought you were local when you mentioned Crestview Hills...I see you're actually in VA. But if you're up this way visiting, you should get in contact with me and I'll let you know if we have something happening.
No problem...Yeah, next time I visit my dad, I'll let you know I'm heading that way. Always cool to meet a fellow AFMer. Probably won't be till this fall though, I'm deploying soon.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
91 Posts
looks good man congrats on the new mod

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
No problem...Yeah, next time I visit my dad, I'll let you know I'm heading that way. Always cool to meet a fellow AFMer. Probably won't be till this fall though, I'm deploying soon.
OK, great...stay safe.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.