Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I noticed my idle would surge up to about 1500 rpms when my foot was on the clutch... so I tried to set my TPS based on the guide on this website (key in on position, closed throttle) but the max volts I could get out of it was .80 so I settled for that and my car has been running fine... then I was just reading an issue of 5.0 Mustangs and they advised to set the TPS to .95 at WOT... ? Which is correct? Do you think I need to get a new TPS or should .80 volts be able to suffice? Thanks guys.
-Brian

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Your fine, as long as the TPS closed throttle value doesnt go below .5v or over 1.20v the ECM will not set a failure code. Its best to Set it between .8-1v, that will compensate for any slight drop or rise as the sensor get older, and it will still be in the Non-Failure code sending range. The setting the TPS to a .98 exact reading is a Myth. Like Joel5.0 stated " its a myth or more proof is needed"

You setting yours to .80v and it still running fine is just one more example of the TPS needing to be .98 to run right Myth.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
It should be fine as it is.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok sounds good guys thanks for the replies... I think I might drill out the TPS holes and see if I cant get a little more play out of it because the throttle response does feel a little laggy... or maybe its just me...:headscratch:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.