Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ! I'm sure your tired of answering wheel questions but i need your help. I keep reading that certain wheels won't fit the big hat style rotors like the lincoln. O K . I understand why. What I don't understand is if a wheel that is made in 4 lug obviously works. Why wouldn't the same wheel made in 5 lug work on a mustang depot 5 lug conversion style rotor ? I have read through tons of threads and have seen nothing on this unless I have overlooked it. All help would be appreciated.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Most of the problems come from the wheel running into the brake calipers.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Alot of times the wheel will bolt up but you will not be able to use the center caps, which in turn would look terrible. I have seen cases where people have tried to machine the snout down off those rotors in order to fit wheels, but something like that is never a good idea!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I guess I just need to decide if I want to do the sn95 conversion or go with a new set of 4 lugs and 4 lug slotted rotors.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
91hatch said:
Thanks guys. I guess I just need to decide if I want to do the sn95 conversion or go with a new set of 4 lugs and 4 lug slotted rotors.
If you are interested in having your car stop better, the SN95 Conversion is the only choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.