Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first thing I noticed when I bought my mustang was the terrible looking antenna on it. I just had to wait and do some research before i go putting holes in my car. If I bought xm or a similiar satellite radio would i be able to remove my antenna and just the leave the base? or would i still need some kind of replacement antenna to get rid of the huge one? THANKS! :wavey

·
Registered
622 Posts
get a shorty 8" ant for americanmuscle they look good and this way you can still your radio if you get tried of xm

·
Registered
487 Posts
i would go with a 8 inch shorty from american muscle got on 2 weeks ago for $14

·
Registered
280 Posts
I know how you feel the stock antenna is hideous and I hate the mounting location so a shorty won't work for my personal desires.

GM has a system where the antenna is integrated into the rear windshield similar to the rear window defrosting system. I would love to find an aftermarket version similar to this setup.

I have removed my antenna for now and just have the base attached on the fender. I still pick up the majority of my local radio stations and it's not that big of a deal for me as I don't really listen to the radio that much as it is.

My plan is to find a smaller 6"-8" antenna with a flat mounting surface that I can attach inside the passanger side of the front windshield. This way when I repaint my car I can shave the hole left behind from the base of the factory antenna and give my car the clean exterior look it deserves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.