Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I just brought my car to get the A/C system replaced and when I tried to leave from the mechanic's shop, the car would not even start.

The mechanic said the anti-theft system kicked in and thus prevent power from going to the starter and the fuel injection system. They also mentioned that this is something common for Fords, particularly Explorers.

Now I'll have to get the chip re-programmed at Ford... So more $$$ out of my damn pocket. I think this problem occurred when they were changing the compressor and were messing around with the electrical system.

The other coincidental thing was that when they said my car was ready, it was coincidentally running outside... so when I got in, I decided to turn it off and try to re-start it for the hell of it. Upon restarting it, that's when the car would not start - now it's still in the shop and needs to be re-programmed/reset. I need a smoke...:smoke:

What do you think?

·
Registered
20 Posts
marcbernard said:
Hi,
I just brought my car to get the A/C system replaced and when I tried to leave from the mechanic's shop, the car would not even start.

The mechanic said the anti-theft system kicked in and thus prevent power from going to the starter and the fuel injection system. They also mentioned that this is something common for Fords, particularly Explorers.

Now I'll have to get the chip re-programmed at Ford... So more $$$ out of my damn pocket. I think this problem occurred when they were changing the compressor and were messing around with the electrical system.

The other coincidental thing was that when they said my car was ready, it was coincidentally running outside... so when I got in, I decided to turn it off and try to re-start it for the hell of it. Upon restarting it, that's when the car would not start - now it's still in the shop and needs to be re-programmed/reset. I need a smoke...:smoke:

What do you think?

On my '98, back in '99-'00, I had to get the PATS replaced 'cause it was faulty.
FORD replaced it under warranty (both devices: Steering wheel and engine one).
Ofcourse, you have to tow it there! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.