Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having a problem with my charging system in my 73. first i know battery is good. tried new altenator and regulator still not charging. this car has gauges not light. my question is on alt. there are only two wires currently going to alt aren't there supposed to be three? when i changed alt there was what i beleived to be a cap only on one of push on connectors but i believe that it should be a wire that has since disappeared. any one run into this situation before and does anyone know where the wires that come off alt go ? any help is wonderful thanks in advance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
having a problem with my charging system in my 73. first i know battery is good. tried new altenator and regulator still not charging. this car has gauges not light. my question is on alt. there are only two wires currently going to alt aren't there supposed to be three? when i changed alt there was what i beleived to be a cap only on one of push on connectors but i believe that it should be a wire that has since disappeared. any one run into this situation before and does anyone know where the wires that come off alt go ? any help is wonderful thanks in advance.

You checked the alternator ground right ? So i take it your car starts first time, then when your done driving , try restarting car doesn't start -> batteries dead ? You checked the voltage regulator as well ?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am assuming that alt. and regulator are good because they are new and did not change the problem,and yes i know what happens when you assume. my post is really asking the question if there are two wires on alt. in addition to the battery feed and where do they go respectively. if you charge the battery and drive in daylight you can get a few days until battery loses power. at idle or rev'd a multimeter reads battery voltage. anyone?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts