Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chances are if you guys have driven your cars for any length of time you've noticed it doesn't always do what you want when you want ;) Legend has it that Ford designed the stock computer to prevent you from doing anything potentially damaging to the car and while some of this is advantagous (IE keeping you from shifting into reverse at 100 MPH) some of it is just covering up for weaknesses in the drive train (weaknesses that serious mod guys would address anyway). It's been my experience that aftermarket tunes will help but only go so far. So what I'm wondering is whether anyone is putting out a replacement PCM, faster with a totally different operating system and less restrictive. Just curious. Anyone?

R

·
0 Posts
All you need is a tuner ......

then you can override all the factory setting.....

but to answer your question yes there are aftermarket EEC's

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
I have heard there are some like Dell, HP which I have and Gateway.:hihi:

I know Fast makes one but don't know if it's for Fords or just GMs. There are probable others.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Chances are if you guys have driven your cars for any length of time you've noticed it doesn't always do what you want when you want ;) Legend has it that Ford designed the stock computer to prevent you from doing anything potentially damaging to the car and while some of this is advantagous (IE keeping you from shifting into reverse at 100 MPH) some of it is just covering up for weaknesses in the drive train (weaknesses that serious mod guys would address anyway). It's been my experience that aftermarket tunes will help but only go so far. So what I'm wondering is whether anyone is putting out a replacement PCM, faster with a totally different operating system and less restrictive. Just curious. Anyone?
i am going throgh the whole process right now,,,let me tell you its a pain in the A$$,,,removed all the stock ignition wires replaced them with LS1 coils all the wiring for the injectors ,,cam sensors crank triger sensor...and there is more to come,,,i got the car to fire up but not right:scratchchin,,,,need to do a lot of work ,,,but it is my summer project since its 120 degree outside:happyhapp

·
Registered
559 Posts
That's what I hear. It seems like everytime I was there it was spring and summer. :happyhapp
i dont want to be off the topic,,,but next time you come down here please tell me,,,,:bigthumbsup

when i get done with motec i will exlain to everyone how the installation went,,,,i have paid $500 for a guy in the U.S who toled me that he used it for a 05 mustang 3v as a base file...but it didnt work:scratchchin,,i have checked and re checked everything all my wires are correct ...so we had to make another base file for the car ,,,,things are moving now

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
i dont want to be off the topic,,,but next time you come down here please tell me,,,,:bigthumbsup

when i get done with motec i will exlain to everyone how the installation went,,,,i have paid $500 for a guy in the U.S who toled me that he used it for a 05 mustang 3v as a base file...but it didnt work:scratchchin,,i have checked and re checked everything all my wires are correct ...so we had to make another base file for the car ,,,,things are moving now
Is there any codes or serial numbers like on the stock one to work. Which one do you have.

I don't think I'll be over there anytime soon but if I do I'll let you know.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Is there any codes or serial numbers like on the stock one to work. Which one do you have.

I don't think I'll be over there anytime soon but if I do I'll let you know.
No there is not...its a universal pcm...but you will need a good tuner...its taking time but it will be over soon i hope:happyhapp

sure when you will have plans to come just tell me:bigthumbsup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.