Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just messing around with ideas to improve engine efficiency. Right now I have a non-cooled Vortech S/C on my V6. Down the road I plan to add water injection but that's something for higher RPMs and in my daily drive I seldom get beyond 2500. So is anyone running some wacky system or know of one to cool the intake charge full time? Freon lines in the intake, hamster powered fan? :bigthumbsup Just lookin to start a discussion.

·
Registered
766 Posts
runnin freon lines through the intake or around the intake was an idea of mine, yet I don't have the time to try and figure it out.

·
Registered
786 Posts
3m tape a metal box to your intercooler, and drop a big chunk of dry ice in to the box. Won't last forever, but drn it will be cold air for the 30 or so minutes it takes to evap:shigrin

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3m tape a metal box to your intercooler, and drop a big chunk of dry ice in to the box. Won't last forever, but drn it will be cold air for the 30 or so minutes it takes to evap:shigrin
:yelwacko: WOW! I was just gonna jam a penguin in the airbox but YOUR idea's WAY better!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I recommend water/methanol injection to cool the intake charge. Look up Snow Performance. The Stage 3 kit I have on my car is very adjustable. I am not FI yet but the system can be adjusted for your situation.

·
Registered
566 Posts
there is this device called a thermoelectric device when a voltage is applied to it, it creates a temperature difference that will create temps below freezing on one side and produces heat that has to be disapated on the other side

some times they are used to cool computer precessors to super low temps

im trying to figure out a way to attatch it to a intercooler and freeze the intercooler and have the air supercooled before it meets the intake im trying to reach 0*F boost temp or air intake temp for none forced induction engines

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
using the water meth idea....you can convert your windshield wiper reservoir to a water/meth reservoir. so instead of running a line to your trunk....u got it under the hood...but not wiper fluid haha. or u could always stick a ceiling fain under the hood....baha

·
Registered
139 Posts
Go with the water/methanol injection kit it works pretty good with my set up.

·
Registered
90 Posts
using the water meth idea....you can convert your windshield wiper reservoir to a water/meth reservoir. so instead of running a line to your trunk....u got it under the hood...but not wiper fluid haha. or u could always stick a ceiling fain under the hood....baha

That is the way I installed mine. I use winter type of windshield water fluid that is good to -20 so it has sufficeint alcohol to get the job done and it is cheap also. I did one other trick that worked out well. I put the pump underneath the air filter on the bottom of the stock airfilter box. This hides it, keeps it in a flow of cool air and keeps it out of the weather.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Running your AC lines through an Air/Water Inter cooler instead of water....should chill the crap out of the intake charge.

Or CO2 though the Air/water. that would be a short burst..but the intake charge would be well below freezing...JUST make ABSOLUTELY sure the Air/Water inter cooler is perfectly air tight and sealed away from the Water inlet jacket...ANY Co2 in the intake and the engine dies....but as a coolent...holy crap. your looking at air charge temps WAY below freezing...Sub 0 in fact.

No idea what it do to the engine though.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Adding a couple bottles of Heet (methyl alcohol) to the washer fluid will help it cool much better.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
there is this device called a thermoelectric device when a voltage is applied to it, it creates a temperature difference that will create temps below freezing on one side and produces heat that has to be disapated on the other side

some times they are used to cool computer precessors to super low temps

im trying to figure out a way to attatch it to a intercooler and freeze the intercooler and have the air supercooled before it meets the intake im trying to reach 0*F boost temp or air intake temp for none forced induction engines
There are small thermoelectric cooling plates that could be applied. Very expensive though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.