Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

we have just ordered our brand new 2022 GT Convertible and as I was browsing all the Mustang forums and content, having one question on my mind: are there any essential upgrades or adjustments you would do to a brand new car. It wont be any race care, just a weekend rider.

I just want to prevent any future problems, not hunting any tuning or performance upgrades (so far :) ).

• there were rumors about bad rust protection of the bottom (EU imported cars) - protective paint?
  • subframe alignment kit needed? (e.g., STEEDA)
  • any other weak spots?

I would appreciate sharing your experience.

·
Super Moderator
4,445 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
We encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
Do you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you have chosen to be a part of our community.

·
Registered
11,155 Posts
I think I would look at protecting the finish while it is brand new -- a good paint sealer or protective coating, and maybe "rust proofing" or undercoating if you are worried about corrosion in your location.

Other than that, I hope it doesn't really "NEED" anything; I'd be very disappointed if I paid that kind of money for a brand new performance car, and then had to immediately pay more for "essential upgrades."

·
Super Moderator
8,302 Posts
Welcome to AFM from Texas.

You could install some PPF film to protect the paint from rock chips. Ceramic sealant might help maintain the finish.

As far as the underside I would not use a sealant like spray on tar (Ziebart). That stuff will entrap moisture and cause rust. I would use a product called Fluid Film. You can find videos on YouTube on how it is applied.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as the underside I would not use a sealant like spray on tar (Ziebart). That stuff will entrap moisture and cause rust. I would use a product called Fluid Film. You can find videos on YouTube on how it is applied.
Thanks! I will be checking what the dealer can do and there are some specialized shops that can offer application of something similar to Fluid Film to the bottom and cavities.

The ceramic sealant is a good point!

Other story is adding the front parking sensors, depends really on my wife now ... our other cars are SUVs and I worry about the bumper :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts