Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this might be an interesting question to ask....

Since I realized I have yet to use the cruise control on my car. I just can't see ever using that unless I were driving down a stretch of highway on the plains of the midwest for hours on end. Has anyone else used cruise control and if so, for what reason ?

I also have not used the IPod interface yet. And I have never put my convertible boot cover on either (though that might not exactly be called a feature).

Also wondering if MrV tried to get his vert with the windshield wiper delete option.....:lol:

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I've used everything--including the spare tire. Only thing left is the airbag which I hope to avoid. :gringreen

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
I have used every feature in my car that i am aware of, and trust me, thats all of them :D i like to use cruise control often, just because i can :)

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Only thing left is the airbag - which I hope to avoid.
Good point.

I've used the CD players in all three of my Mustangs while sitting in them and running the engines every month. (The radio antennas are still in the trunks, so I wouldn't have to put any holes in their car covers.) That's about it, other than scrolling through the display features. The '08 display advised me I have been getting 1.5 mpg so far, but that will probably get even worse as I continue to use gas without adding to the 8.9 miles on the odometer. Oh, and I just used the emergency flashers for the first time - so I could make sure my new sequentials were working (and yes, in the garage, of course).

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Good point.

I've used the CD players in all three of my Mustangs while sitting in them and running the engines every month. (The radio antennas are still in the trunks, so I wouldn't have to put any holes in their car covers.) That's about it, other than scrolling through the display features. The '08 display advised me I have been getting 1.5 mpg so far, but that will probably get even worse as I continue to use gas without adding to the 8.9 miles on the odometer. Oh, and I just used the emergency flashers for the first time - so I could make sure my new sequentials were working (and yes, in the garage, of course).
The 4 things that you really need to use, Gary, are your tires :laugh:

·
Registered
12,664 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I haven't had to use the eject button yet.
We all look and laugh because we know it's supposed to be a seat eject button. But if you told an ordinary passenger in your car to put a different CD in the player, he or she would probably press your EJECT button thinking it would eject the current CD, due to its proximity to the stereo controls and the lack of any other button marked for the CD eject function.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I just thought of a bunch of other things I haven't used--all the OEM parts that are sitting in my garage. :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have yet to use the mycolor feature in my mustang. The blue looks fine to me!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
All the original top of the motor where the s/c is. Air filter, wipers, a/c, defroster,cd player,high beams, my color, spare tire, fan belt, spark plugs, thermostat housing, injectors, warranty.

Good thread Fuzzy!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've never used the tilt steering wheel..... it was like it was already waiting for me.....:scratchchin

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
The 4 things that you really need to use, Gary, are your tires :laugh:
LMAO:gringreen.............
The thing of it is, hotshot, that's not a joke. There is lubricant in the tire rubber that boils to the surface when the tires heat up in use. If they aren't used, the rubber gets old and stiff and the surface of the tires turns brown. Tires need exercise, too.

Original question: What features have I not used? If the "crash bumpers" are a feature, not yet. If the Fuel Pump Cutoff Switch is a feature, not that, either.

I don't use the stereo much, as the music of tires, exhaust, valve train, and exhaust note are plenty for me, usually.

I use the top as infrequently as possible, and estimate that fewer than a thousand of the five or six thousand I've driven the car were in closed configuration. If I didn't want to drive with the top down, I'd have chosen a coupe. I may do that eventually, since getting a convertible car on the road courses is a little more complicated than with a coupe.

Yes, the soft boot cover is more trouble than it's worth, most of the time. One of these days I may actually do a show or a parade, and it will be better for the celebrity passengers, I think.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
We all look and laugh because we know it's supposed to be a seat eject button. But if you told an ordinary passenger in your car to put a different CD in the player, he or she would probably press your EJECT button thinking it would eject the current CD, due to its proximity to the stereo controls and the lack of any other button marked for the CD eject function.
CDs? Don't use CDs anymore...it's iPod all the way. The CD player will go the way of the 8 track soon.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I never use my traction control :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Besides crash features (air bags, fuel shutoff, etc.), the only one I have never used is the timer in the car's indash message center.

·
Registered
422 Posts
There's a timer in there? :gringreen
I think it is the second from the end of the list? It might be different since I have mine set up to display "X Miles to E" on the top line, odometer in the left and trip on the right of the bottom line.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I have never personally used the Ambient lighting. It is an extremely worthless option. My wife, however, loves the gimmic. Ah, there is nothing like seeing a Bullitt speed down the highway at night emitting pink light from inside. :nogrinner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.