Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the thread title says it all...Plus I hear a lot of members saying why buy jap cars,etc. when you can buy an americon icon..

·
Registered
478 Posts
I do not know what specific parts are foreign, but I was dissapointed to read that the Mustang is only 65% domestic. This is listed on the parts content nfo sticler that would have been next to the window sticker on the car.

My car is a manual and the trannny is from Mexico.

·
Registered
191 Posts
better to have a car be 65% domestic than 0%. Reality is American companies need to outsource to remain competitive. As long as a majority of the car is American, I'm more than pleased. Watering down the 'domesticity' for the sake of staying in business and being able to offer prices comparable or lower than competitors is an acceptable forfeit in my book.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Thats the way it is!

Just look under the hood and it says it all. Thats a problem though because I dont understand Japanese well.

Thats just the way it is..........and its our own fault!

05' GT Premium, Triple Black, K and N Cold Air Intake Kit, Polished Alum. under the hood, Bullit accessories everywhere

·
Registered
816 Posts
I was a bit po'd to see that my auto transmission was built in FRANCE!!! I just hope it doesn't decide to surrender on me while going 70 mph! :nogrinner

·
Registered
478 Posts
Do any of you V6 owners remember what your domestic part content was? I would imagine it is lower than 65% if your engine is made in Germany, like the an earlier post states

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
2k5GTC said:
I was a bit po'd to see that my auto transmission was built in FRANCE!!! I just hope it doesn't decide to surrender on me while going 70 mph! :nogrinner
That was good! :rollgrin:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Even Harley-Davidson bikes have parts made overseas, and there's good reason. The components they choose in that category are high quality, and they want to build a good bike, and they do. Also, my lowly Honda motorcycle was built in Ohio, so go figure.

What counts (to me) is where was it assembled, and is the money at least going to a US-based company's profit margins (thus hopefully keeping Americans employed in assembly, and maybe even some R&D to come up with a US-made component that rivals the foreign one).

Just 2 cents!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Doesnt Japan have some cars that are completely assembled and built with nothing but their own products?

·
Registered
914 Posts
I would add that for those who have complained about a "whine" from their transmissions, now you know why! :rolleyes:

2k5GTC said:

·
Registered
271 Posts
I honestly don't give a crap where the Mustang is made, as long as it looks the way it does, runs the way it does, and is as reliable as it has been (mine's been great - had it since last November).

If you're so concerned about it being a "foreign car", then I guess you better wake up to the fact that the car's top designer was Hau Thai-Tang - an immigrant from Vietnam (he's director of Ford's Special Vehicle Team).

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I give a crap.

Maybe every part of it isnt American or all of it assembled here but I do take some pride in that my car was made in the USA.

·
Registered
200 Posts
jiobao said:
I would add that for those who have complained about a "whine" from their transmissions, now you know why! :rolleyes:
ROTFL! :heha:

·
Registered
75 Posts
yes

STONECOLD said:
Doesnt Japan have some cars that are completely assembled and built with nothing but their own products?
My wifes 2005 Scion tC is all Japaneese made parts and assembled in Japan... We ordered the car and had to wait until it reached Port in California to track its progress to my front door...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts