Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the topic sayes, are there any free or vewry low cost Mods that can be done to the new GT?

Like a Throttle body coolant by pass, relocating the IAT? Stuff liek that?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
You can geta shorty antenna for less than $5! :rolleyes: But I guess you're talking performance mods...??

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
um.. yea LOL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Go here to see how to make your seats fully recline which is pretty useless unless your a traveler.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Kyle F said:
As the topic sayes, are there any free or vewry low cost Mods that can be done to the new GT?

Like a Throttle body coolant by pass, relocating the IAT? Stuff liek that?
Dear Kyle F,

Here they are:

1. Buy a Brake Caliper Paint Set for $49.95 and paint your brake calipers...
2. Take a Magic Marker and paint the "Mustang" on the inside door sill panel in the same color or alternate color of your car...
3. Buy a roll of 1/4" pin striping tape for about $4.95 and tape the outline around your tail light bezels...
4. Buy a small bottle of hobby paint and carefully paint the inside of the "GT" logo in an alternate color of your car...
5. Buy a "Black Out" panel for between the rear tail lights (Tape is cheaper than lexan), you'll find this on ebay...
6. You can buy a wide striping kit off ebay for about $49.95 and with a little luck and alot of help, put wide racing stripes down the center of your car...
7. You can always get chrome license plate frames (under $10.00 each) which will add to the look of your car...
8. I saw on ebay a pre-cut window tinting kit for the Mustang GT for about $39.95 that will let you tint your windows (state laws ???)...
9. Under the hood, you could buy the "hood struts" from Redline for $59.95...
10. Also on ebay, I got a chrome radiator cover (very sweet) for about $59.95 which will dress up the engine compartment...
11. Not to mention, there are other engine dress up wire looms in different colors or even front strut caps for about $6.95 a pair which will add to the mods under the hood...

Good Luck and Welcome to the Forum, Dave :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
not sure when yours was built and w/ 90 or so posts under your belt you should already know about the HC trap removal. if not, search and ye will find

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine doesn't have it.

I was looking more performance that apearance, though I do like th black panel.

·
Registered
126 Posts
You can lose weight if you're overweight - that's not only a free performance mod it'll give back money since you're buying less food :winks

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Dave,

I love your cheapo mod list above! That's America at it's best! Good ideas for you blingers... :winks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Open mouth insert foot...

LordBritish said:
You can lose weight if you're overweight - that's not only a free performance mod it'll give back money since you're buying less food :winks
A bit rude for a post to a young lady...

Maybe us guys are proud of our beer guts but you'd better look out she's gonna get you back for that one!

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
LOL! Kyle's friend in the pic can add weight (which is not much!) to my car anytime... I just gotta ask my wife first... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm a newb, and im not sure if the 05's have it, but you can remove your air silencer on your air box...that'll free up a few horses if they have one. There's an article on it somewhere in the tech section.

·
Registered
415 Posts
discofan said:
Dear Kyle F,

Here they are:

1. Buy a Brake Caliper Paint Set for $49.95 and paint your brake calipers...
2. Take a Magic Marker and paint the "Mustang" on the inside door sill panel in the same color or alternate color of your car...
3. Buy a roll of 1/4" pin striping tape for about $4.95 and tape the outline around your tail light bezels...
4. Buy a small bottle of hobby paint and carefully paint the inside of the "GT" logo in an alternate color of your car...
5. Buy a "Black Out" panel for between the rear tail lights (Tape is cheaper than lexan), you'll find this on ebay...
6. You can buy a wide striping kit off ebay for about $49.95 and with a little luck and alot of help, put wide racing stripes down the center of your car...
7. You can always get chrome license plate frames (under $10.00 each) which will add to the look of your car...
8. I saw on ebay a pre-cut window tinting kit for the Mustang GT for about $39.95 that will let you tint your windows (state laws ???)...
9. Under the hood, you could buy the "hood struts" from Redline for $59.95...
10. Also on ebay, I got a chrome radiator cover (very sweet) for about $59.95 which will dress up the engine compartment...
11. Not to mention, there are other engine dress up wire looms in different colors or even front strut caps for about $6.95 a pair which will add to the mods under the hood...

Good Luck and Welcome to the Forum, Dave :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin
Where do you find the wire looms and front strut caps for $6.95 a pair?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
ssoss said:
A bit rude for a post to a young lady...

Maybe us guys are proud of our beer guts but you'd better look out she's gonna get you back for that one!
LOL. Um, I don't think Kyle F is a lady. Might have a girls picture there, but Kyle is def a guys name...plus I think he mentioned sometihng about a wife on earlier posts....unless im mistaken.:eyepoppin

·
Registered
559 Posts
dtwwest said:
Where do you find the wire looms and front strut caps for $6.95 a pair?
Deat DTWest,

There was a guy on ebay selling these flat black plastic discs with a 7/16" hole in the middle which is used to cover the top front shock tower gap...

These discs go over the actual upper shock bolt and hold tight... Try Item #7986222412 on ebay for the product...

Don't have a picture of them (will take one this weekend), but they work to cover that large upper shock mounting hole inside the engine compartment...

They cost me $6.95 and were mailed to me via USPS...

The "wire looms" can by purchased from any auto parts/accessory store like Western Auto, Auto Zone, PPE Boys, etc... Just get them in your favorite color and size, and start rapping any wires that look obtrusive...

Dave :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
tw0scoops123 said:
LOL. Um, I don't think Kyle F is a lady. Might have a girls picture there, but Kyle is def a guys name...plus I think he mentioned sometihng about a wife on earlier posts....unless im mistaken.:eyepoppin
You are correct... I am not a lady, and besides the girl in my picture only weighs 120lbs.... if she loses anymore weight it will be form the wrong parts:worship

I am married, she is just a friend, that also knows my wife.

I only wiegh 190lbs, and I am 6' tall... so I don't know if I could really lose anymor e weight

1 - 18 of 18 Posts