Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I need your help finding a reputable Dyno Tech in the Chicagoland area who has had experience tuning a Saleen supercharger...

Yes, I know that in California these guys are located on almost every block, but here in the Midwest, we have a true shortage of good techs...

I value your comments...

Thanks for your input...

Dave

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
You look into www.suttonhp.com ?

Not sure on thier saleen experience, but they are reputable.
South Burbs off of I-57 in Matteson

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Street Stuff in Addison is reputable.
www.streetstuff.com
There is a shop in Schaumburg that has a 1020 rwhp '95 twin turbo cobra that was just featured in a mag. Do a search in Schaumburg, if I remember the name I will post it. They are big into f-bodies, but are well versed on the stang as well.

edit: Speed Inc in Schaumburg
http://www.ls1speed.com/

·
Registered
145 Posts
we need to get a group of chi-town drivers to te track one time and have some fun what tracks do you guys go to? also i am hunting for someone to install a kenne bell for me os if i talk tot any of these companies i will let you guys know

·
Registered
21 Posts
Great idea, I plan on taking mine to Route 66. They have a Tuesday track times to help you dial in your setup. I plan on installing a KB setup next year, I want to put some miles on her before I say goodbye to the warranty. This year I plan on doing the exhaust and having the gears done for me.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
rt 41 dragway in morocco indiana. Pretty cheap to get in 6 bucks, and 6 bucks to test n tune. They do the weekends and weekdays.

·
Registered
145 Posts
awesome thanks guys

·
Registered
208 Posts
i'm looking at getting a steeda cowl hood and street wing..also a jba exhaust over the next few months. i am also in chicagoland and need a good shop.. a one stop shop or a place i can take the parts and have them do all the work for me (paint/install).

would u guys suggest the same places for such work?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DaWarrior said:
i'm looking at getting a steeda cowl hood and street wing..also a jba exhaust over the next few months. i am also in chicagoland and need a good shop.. a one stop shop or a place i can take the parts and have them do all the work for me (paint/install).

Dear DaWarrior,

I don't know any shop that does everything under one roof...

I took my car to a great paint/body shop for painting of the mirrors and front spoiler...

And a muffler shop for the exhaust and sping/adjustable panhard setup...

You may have to split your job between two or three shops because each has their own expertise in a special area of mechanics...

Good Luck, Dave

·
Registered
27 Posts
DaWarrior said:

DaWarrior,look me up at Riverdale Body shop in Alsip. 123rd & Cicero. Ask for jim,I am an Area manager for Riverdale, I will make sure you get a good job and price...............................................

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks, I'll be in touch. :worship

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
botlefedpony said:
DaWarrior,look me up at Riverdale Body shop in Alsip. 123rd & Cicero. Ask for jim,I am an Area manager for Riverdale, I will make sure you get a good job and price...............................................
Cool, not far from me. I manage the Goodyear at 145th and Cicero.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Stoner,I will be looking for a tire vendor over at the new shop......you interested? It was Southwest Collision......we bought them out a few months ago................

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Defintly, always can use more business. Need someone for your alignments also?

·
Registered
145 Posts
My question is does sutton do only vortech? all the guys on their web page have all vortechs and is seems as though they only sell vortechs?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hey Jim (botlefedpony),

I stopped in the shop and talked to one of your coworkers about painting the hood and spoiler. He took a few pics.. i felt bad the car was dirty but too cold lately to wash lol Had it cleaned up shortly after.

He said you were in a meeting so left him my cell number and the pics I printed (of poco's mustang) with what I wanted done.

*note I actually stopped in the Schererville location, not alsip but I doubt there are 2 Jims with nice Mustangs

Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts