Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a question in the 94-95 tech section recently about upgrading a fuel pump on a stock motor, but I forgot to ask about the injectors.

Is there any harm in putting 24lb injectors on a stock motor? It's a hypothetical question since I have no reason to do this. I'm just curious if it would cause any problems such as running rich or flooding or anything.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
There is no problem doing this, but you will have to upgrade your MAF at the same time for 24lb calibration. The Cobra 302 had 24s in it. Mine had 24s in it and ran fine.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really? the cobra has 24lb stock? I feel stupid for even asking this now. Oh well. Thanks!

·
0 Posts
yeah technically its fine but pointless at the same time because the stock 19lb injectors can handle upwards of like 400 hp with no problems

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
yeah technically its fine but pointless at the same time because the stock 19lb injectors can handle upwards of like 400 hp with no problems
Eh, I wouldn't recommend trying 400hp with 19s...it is just asking for trouble. It would run so lean you would just be burning parts. I doubt if they could support 300 hp. The Cobras went to 24# injectors to support what...240hp? My 302 did ok with 24s at 275-300 hp at the crank.

You pick your injectors to support your hp goals. If you are pretty much stock, you won't need an upgrade. If you change heads, cam intake...etc...start upgrading your injectors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.