Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question, will any hood scoop work? I dont know I was looking at a 65 66 SHELBY MUSTANG HOOD SCOOP and wondered if it would fit?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Lay it on a sheet of plastic , so not to scratch the hood. If it lays flush you may be able to.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
I have a question, will any hood scoop work? I dont know I was looking at a 65 66 SHELBY MUSTANG HOOD SCOOP and wondered if it would fit?
i bought a fibrglass square teardrop w/heat extractor vents on the sides for my 67 but it took some glass work and complete hood re finish to make it work

·
Registered
554 Posts
If you want the old Shelby hood scoop look you may be able to find a hood scoop off of a Shelby GT since they loook similar to the old school style Shelby's.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the responses,

Yeah I know there are hood scoops that are made just for the s197. I was just wondering if it would install good to just put any mustang hood scoop as I would be using 3M tape. I dont know, all hood scoops look the same. Well here is what I want to buy:

http://i.ebayimg.com/02/!BTslwZwBmk~$(KGrHgoH-D!EjlLl1kKDBKJy)zR9s!~~_1.JPG

Thats just the pic, so dont think Im advertising.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
You don't want one with an open scoop. the air pressure may pull it off. Thats depending on how fast you drive. :scratchchin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.