Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the wheels on the new GT500, but the only styles I can find them in are chrome and machined black. I think the chrome is too much for them, and I have never really been a fan of black rims.

Has anyone found a site listing the "bright machined" style like they put on the actually car?

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
you are talking about the same thing as the 17in bullitts that come as the base stockers on the GT right? like mine? i second what you say, i LOVE the gt500 wheels and would love to pick up a set of them down the road for my mustang.

they look better when they are a little dirty, which unfortunately is how my car is during the winter months.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you are talking about the same thing as the 17in bullitts that come as the base stockers on the GT right? like mine? i second what you say, i LOVE the gt500 wheels and would love to pick up a set of them down the road for my mustang.

they look better when they are a little dirty, which unfortunately is how my car is during the winter months.
Yup. I found them on mossmustang.com, and they look like the stock ones from the GT500 (aka not chrome). I just emailed them about buying them separately or if you have to buy 4 at once. I suck at saving money, so I could buy them one at a time a whole lot easier.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you look at Home - Discount Tire Direct not sure if they will have them or not.
Can only find the black machined ones like on americanmuscle.comSo far mossmustang is the only place I can find these suckers, and they are $230 a pop before shipping costs.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Yup. I found them on mossmustang.com, and they look like the stock ones from the GT500 (aka not chrome). I just emailed them about buying them separately or if you have to buy 4 at once. I suck at saving money, so I could buy them one at a time a whole lot easier.
but won't you end up paying more money due to 4 separate shipping costs? you would be better off plugging the money away and then buying it all at once to save on shipping IMO

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discount used to have them for $145 each. Now they are at $200 each. They must be getting very popular. Reminds me of the Saleen short shift adapter, started off at about $29. I have a friend that owns a tire shop, maybe he can hook you up like he did me.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but won't you end up paying more money due to 4 separate shipping costs? you would be better off plugging the money away and then buying it all at once to save on shipping IMO
I think it will be $100 more for shipping, but over a month and a half. I just chalk it up to the cost of having little restraint. I end up pissing my money away on pointless things if I don't spend it up front.

I know I need to learn that responsibility some time, but yeah...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Discount used to have them for $145 each. Now they are at $200 each. They must be getting very popular. Reminds me of the Saleen short shift adapter, started off at about $29. I have a friend that owns a tire shop, maybe he can hook you up like he did me.
Hey PM me if anything comes of that! That would be great!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I thins the black ones will go good with your car since its black.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thins the black ones will go good with your car since its black.
I'm not a fan of black rims honestly, but I might go for the machined black rims since they are a gunmetal. I'm not sure. Like I know I will be happy with the standard stock ones, but I'm not sure if I would like the gunmetal version or not.

Edit: I attached pictures of the chrome and black rims, along with the "bright machined" SVT ones that mossmustang is selling.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
A close up picture of the wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Those wheels from Moss look just like the ones I got from American Muscle. They were just over $600 for four of them including shipping, or free shipping if you like. The only difference I can see is the outer part of the wheel is black on the American Muscle version, the tire covers it up, so who cares.

I had great experience with American Muscle when one of the wheels was damaged in shipment. They sent a replacement right away (I had it within the week), and I returned the wheel at no expense to me. I'm really pleased with everything, so far.

Frank

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those wheels from Moss look just like the ones I got from American Muscle. They were just over $600 for four of them including shipping, or free shipping if you like. The only difference I can see is the outer part of the wheel is black on the American Muscle version, the tire covers it up, so who cares.

I had great experience with American Muscle when one of the wheels was damaged in shipment. They sent a replacement right away (I had it within the week), and I returned the wheel at no expense to me. I'm really pleased with everything, so far.

Frank
I agree with AmericanMuscle for being a great site. So you're saying the "black machined" or whatever they call it isn't actually black but the normal color of the wheels?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I agree with AmericanMuscle for being a great site. So you're saying the "black machined" or whatever they call it isn't actually black but the normal color of the wheels?
Look at the picture posted by sargentslayer. The whole wheel is painted black, then machined/polished on the outer surfaces that you see. The look is great, especially on a dark car.

Frank

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.