Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havnt done anything to my car performance wise for a long time. Can anyone give me couple more ideas, i was thinking to lower the car but is there anything that is kinda cheap around $500 or less and easy to install for performance.
I already got these mods:
C&L intake, Bama/Tillman 91 Race tune, Mac dual exhaust, OEM Ford 3.73 gears/T-lock on 7.5' rear end
I dont want Turbo or Supercharger, any input would be great.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I would say headers but I don't know whats out there for the V6. Otherwise it looks like you have all the basics done with.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say headers but I don't know whats out there for the V6. Otherwise it looks like you have all the basics done with.
Yea i was thinking shorty headers but people say 4.0L stock headers has a good flow, so my alternative is long tubes which is different story, to be honest i dont want the car to be louder than this, the Macs are starting to make my interior rattle lol

·
Registered
495 Posts
dude i think you've covered all the basis.

i mean if you want to bump up preformance a little, you could get new pullies, and motion delete plates live wires and coils, but over all your not gonna notice much of a difference (from what i've heard). if you've only done performance id do some handling upgrades.

slotted brake rotors, sway bars, lowering springs, all the thousand of braces you can get.

personally i'm looking at the gt take off sway bar. cheap and does wonders so i've heard.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dude i think you've covered all the basis.

i mean if you want to bump up preformance a little, you could get new pullies, and motion delete plates live wires and coils, but over all your not gonna notice much of a difference (from what i've heard). if you've only done performance id do some handling upgrades.

slotted brake rotors, sway bars, lowering springs, all the thousand of braces you can get.

personally i'm looking at the gt take off sway bar. cheap and does wonders so i've heard.
Thanks man, i've got the pony package so i got the front and rear sway bars, not as thick as GT but that should do. I may do the lowering springs and big brakes. On the other hand aluminum driveshaft is a wise idea too but quiet expensive, Why my dad cant be Bill Gates :frustrated: I want so much things for my car with little money :sosad:

·
Registered
962 Posts
try some gauges,,,simple vacum and or air/fuel. Mount them on the pillar or dash pod. They look good and do serve a purpose.

I have a boost/ vac and an air/fuel (wideband) on mine

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
you wont believe how your car handles with a strut bar( see my post) and you could get a set of ebay shorties for around 100.00, which are way nicer than the cast irons, and you will agree they have better flow and larger collectors, drop about 20 lbs, and they look nice:shiny: barely any louder if at all, but a nicer sound.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Coils and wires, or work on the suspension. I love what lowering my car did. The gt take off brakes are also nice. Maybe even save some more and get nitrous.:happyhapp

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone, Lets see how much I can suffer my bank lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.