Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is for any newfies on this site. i recently had a mishap with a pole and the front of my '91 lx 5.0. i'm lookin for a 4 banger in good shape (body wise) in the years from 89-93. any help greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
This site is owned by newfies, but I am in Calgary so I think it is a bit too far for you to drive to get a 4 banger :)
Maybe Scott can look for you, he is still on the rock.

G

·
Hi Neil,

As Jarrett mentioned I am also a true blue Newfie as well. Unfortunately I am currently in Toronto on training for at least the next few weeks. I did notice a few 4 bangers for sale in St. John's over the summer. Tempted to buy myself one but I think my wife would divorse me if I did. Already own three fox bodies and according to my wife thats the limit. (at least for now :) ) Have you tried looking around St. John's yourself for a stang yet? As I said there are a few around. As for Toronto there are plenty up here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey guys thanks for responding. i was looking around but i can't find anything worth buying. i think everybody drives their cars in the winter here and they are all rusted to pieces from the salt. i think i'm going to go off the island to find a good solid car. i want something that's worth doing , i have a good solid drivetrain,lots of suspension thats cost me thousands over the years and i want a good base to work with if you know what i mean. i have the 5 lug conversion kit from bear brakes- 13's front , 12's on back, brand new 17" ZS racing wheels from ROH, brand new eagle F1's, a maxim motorsports tubular k member, CC plates , etc,etc , so you understand i don't want to just throw it in anything. i think that is my best option right now unless i find a good car for the $$$. another thing is that everybody here wants top dollar for junk... go figure. lol but i'll keep looking anyways . i'm planning a trip to calgary for the winter to make some quick money on the land rigs so i have a feeling i can drive home in the spring with a good 4 banger with a great body and do the conversion over next winter along with lots of parts compliment of the land rigs..:laughlitt . maybe i'll pick up a turbo and a crate engine while i'm up there.:eyepoppin lol who knows maybe even an old stang and sell my parts. thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
If u are copming to Calgary, let me know and I will look arounf for a 4banger.
I just bought a 90 LX coupe for my wife for $1G, complete with black interior (guess who gets to keep the black interior) :winks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Jarrett,
that would be awesome if you could do that for me. i'm taking my laptop, so i can keep in touch, it doesn't nessicarily have to be running either cause my dads friend has a truck that i'm going to buy from him when i get there so i'll be drivin home with a 78 ford F250 with a 460ci,35 in tires and lots of mods (can't wait) but ill have a trailer on tow to take it home as well as a 69 falcon thats been sittin in a barn for the past 23 years, so the drivetrain or anything doesn't matter as long as the body is in good shape. notch or hatch it doesn't really matter. By the way,you wouldn't be interested in selling that black interior would you? thanks again.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Let me know when u r coming this way and I'll see what I can find.
No, it's definitely not 4 sale, they r super hard to find and many $$$$ for indivdual pieces.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey guys thought you might by chance know my car. it was for sale at the wheel fix last year. a white 91 hatch that was a re-vin from ontario. it has ford motorsports in the windshield. don't know who the original owner was or when it came here. maybe u guys might know since you're the gurus (lol) in this area.

·
Registered
66 Posts
white lx said:
i think everybody drives their cars in the winter here and they are all rusted to pieces from the salt.
I had my LX up for sale from April until it finally sold in September. People would phone and ask me how the floors were or how the rockers were. I think there must have been a lot of junk out there. Mine was a rust free turn key low 11sec daily driver that I barely got 10g for. Sucks. :sosad:

Steve

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Roberts said:
I had my LX up for sale from April until it finally sold in September. People would phone and ask me how the floors were or how the rockers were. I think there must have been a lot of junk out there. Mine was a rust free turn key low 11sec daily driver that I barely got 10g for. Sucks. :sosad:

Steve
You should have said it was from Alberta Steve, and then you would have got $15K for it. :smoke:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Our small community here doesn't allow for much lying... :eyepoppin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts