Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanted to see if anyone here has a gopro camera and has liked the video quality of them?

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have an HD version. It's great.

Make sure you switch to 1080p:
‪ECR 8-21-10 Buell 1125CR Part 2‬‏ - YouTube
The shaking is because of the way I have a mounted. I have a better video but haven't had a chance to upload it (Mouted it differently on the last track day). Also when I edited it in Movie Maker it degraded the quality a little, the original MP4 looks better.

·
Registered
784 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Yep, have had mine for 3 years now. Good video quality but poor audio, but don't really care. Wanted it for video not sound.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok cool thanks guys
ya im looking at getting one with my brother so we both can use it

·
Registered
210 Posts
U can buy a GoPro @ Best Buy along with the accessories. Got mine there & it's a great product.

·
Registered
784 Posts
U can buy a GoPro @ Best Buy along with the accessories. Got mine there & it's a great product.
that's also where i got mine from

·
Registered
335 Posts
The only thing missing from the gopro is an external audio input. The HD Kodak cameras do and I use it all the time. I have a 1/8 lav mic taped to the rear bumper.

A sample...
‪116 6840‬‏ - YouTube

If I had the cash, I'd have a gopro.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey JayP what model it ur kodak camera and where di u get it because i really like the video quality and the sound from your video

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
I have there. They are 1080p. There is nothing else to say.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
335 Posts
hey JayP what model it ur kodak camera and where di u get it because i really like the video quality and the sound from your video
It is the ZI8 but is a few years old. Kodak has updated their line to include sports cameras that can be used in the wet. The big deal with the audio is using the external input. The mic is taped to the bumper.

Mine can record 1080p at 30fps but for sports stuff the 720p at 60fps works really well.

This is a low-buck way to record vs gopro. The Kodak is more the size of a cell phone and I only use it inside the car.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Bought mine from CycleGear for $269.00, they put it on sale very often. I talked him into the sale price while it wasn't on sale.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the Drift HD170, I bought it because of the remote control, rotatable lens, and external mic options. The HD video looks good and the sound is Ok with the built in mic and great with the external mic.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that sucks for the challenger but good quality video :gringreen

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I have the ContourHD. Love it. Only PITA is that you have to adjust the lighting settings depending on whether it's like or dark to maximise the quality of the video. But that's probably true with most HD cams.

I hear lots of good things about the GoPro though. Might have a slight edge in video quality cuz it has a wider lense. I just didnt like it cuz when mounted on a snowboarding helmet it looks silly, imo.

·
Registered
544 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Did you see the look on the woman's face. It was like "I don't know what you are talking about", or "Big deal, I smashed a better car about 5 min ago".
shes to concerned about her dog lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Haha..yeah, she looked pretty concerned! That guy thought he was so cool too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts