Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that a spare can be had with the 19's on the CS but is there any workaround to get a spare with the Brembos? Would it be possible to use a wheel from a CS or other 19" wheel for short distances to get you out of trouble? I know the width would be different but could it be used?

·
Registered
910 Posts
word is... If a front is flat put the spare on the back first then put the rear which you took off on the front.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The wheel must have enough clearance between the spokes and the calipers. Only the Brembo 19" wheels will fit the front, not the other 19" wheel options. As was posted, if the flat is on the front you would have to swap a good Brembo rear wheel to the front, then use your spare on the rear where caliper clearance is not an issue.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, At least there is a way to carry a spare if needed and be able to use it. Some time ago on this board or another someone said that some 18" wheels will fit over the brembos. Does anyone know this for a fact. If that were true then perhaps some 19" would work over the front to make changing a spare easier..

·
Registered
197 Posts
I am getting the Brembo package on my 5.0, and this same thought has crossed my mind. Once the car finally gets here, I will be keeping an eye out for a spare Brembo rim/tire on ebay or craigslist and just keep it at the house. My car will be used only for me to commute back and forth to work, so if I get a flat that the kit in the trunk cannot handle, I will call the wifey to run the spare wheel/tire out to me :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks, At least there is a way to carry a spare if needed and be able to use it. Some time ago on this board or another someone said that some 18" wheels will fit over the brembos. Does anyone know this for a fact. If that were true then perhaps some 19" would work over the front to make changing a spare easier..
The 18" SVT wheels fit the FRPP Brembo kit so they -should- clear the calipers on the '11. (I would definitely call first)

Wheel link is near the bottom 'Tech Notes'...

Ford Racing Performance Parts - [Part Details]

·
Registered
53 Posts
All Mustang Cobra rims should fit.
(correct me if i'm wrong)
Does anybody know what years will fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts