Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the SCT 2 tune done, and a MMR cold air intake installed. Today I took the car for it's 5000 mile checkup/oil change. Does anyone know if the dealer automatically goes into the computer and maybe went back to the factory defaults? Or am I just being paranoid? I only drove it for 2 blocks after, so I can't tell anything yet. Anyone else know what the dealer does at checkups with the computer?

·
Registered
191 Posts
my dealer does a 40 pt inspection every 5k miles. I can't remember the extensive list of their 40 pt check up but I believe the extents of their test as far as the electrical system is simply testing that the battery is good. I could be wrong on that one though.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Took mine in for its first Oil Change and did not reflash the ECU. Had no problems at all, well got stopped by a few service techs asking what I did beside the exhaust and all. :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
i took mine in for the 5k checkup, and i got compliments on how well my car was lowered. the suspension guy said it was done just right.

·
Registered
23 Posts
05GTSILVER said:
i took mine in for the 5k checkup, and i got compliments on how well my car was lowered. the suspension guy said it was done just right.
Suspension guy? What dealer do you go to? I'm lucky if the dealer has an engine guy!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts