Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had problems with cops because you had a red mustang? Any things you've heard from someone reliable about problems?:headscratch:

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Yes, with my 2005GT-Tord Red. It stands out alot and cops like to stare. Had a Camaro cop in Sumter SC that like to pull me over all the time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. i'm looking at a red stang now and i know it'll be more noticeable but did that cop pull you over for nothing and then make something up(bs ticket)? Anyone else have stories?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
cops love red. when they see it they think sports car. thats why i don't have red vehicles. besides, they turn pink over a long time. haha

·
Registered
440 Posts
I had problems the first month (pulled over twice) I bought mine and I have a black one. A ticket on one stop and let go on the other. The infractions may you ask? One was not yielding to a pedestrian at a crosswalk (even though the pedestrian waived me on to go-ticketed on this one) and the other was I drove over the grid (about a foot on the grid to be exact) in the middle of the road to pull into a gas station. It all matters on the officer who has his eyes set on you to break shoes. Better hope he is not having problems with his significant other.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Pulled me over for doing 25mph in a 30mph zone, said that i got up to 25mph way to fast and gave me a warning. BS.
Pulled me over again and said i was doing 50mph in a 45mph zone. gave me a ticket. BS
After shoulder surgey and able to drive to work (my left shoulder in a sling, driving a 5 speed=talent) pulled me over for doing 60mph in a 45mph zone. Definitley some BS

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
any problems post em but please post if cops have not bothered you. The car looks great but i'm trying to figure out if the times i get pulled over is worth the looks or not.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i have cops stare at me all the time just dont speed

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
mines not true red... but boy do they stare me down. of corse im lowclass in my 05 stang, and im 19

theres 16 year olds with beamers and benz, im seen as one of the ******** with a mustang in my city been hassled 2 times by the police, had blantent proof i dident do what they said i did, still lost in court.

most recently yesterday paid out $150 for something u clearly could see on video was not me

·
Registered
833 Posts
I haven't been pulled yet in my 03 (red) yet (knock on wood) I was however pulled over in my 90 gt conv it was black. I did a burnout in first and second gear before I let off and I was doing 50 in a 45. I told the cop that I haven't driven the car in a while and I just gave it to much gas haha nice try right. Anyway I was let go with a warning the cop said just be honest with me did you get on it or not. I said yeah sorry officer and I drove off like I had 25 hp.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
I have never been pulled over in my car. I try to drive the speed limit though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
LMAO cops' eyes are on my black Mustang like white on rice, in just-as-black night. I'm 18, and in daytime its worse.

Color definitely affects it but just an even remotely sporty car garners their attention.

So, bright red + sporty and most recognizable car ever = double whammy.

As I was signing the loan papers for my GT a few weeks ago, my creditor told me a story of a teenage boy who bought a Trans Am, and subsequently got a bazillion speeding tickets.

He sold the Trans Am and got a beatup Subaru Outback - he never got a ticket again in his life so far (he's like 30 now).

In the case of my town, there's cops sitting with their lights off EVERYWHERE past 5PM, and I'm a bit notorious by now.

I think they see the foglight/headlight combo and know I'm coming. D:

I haven't gotten a ticket yet but I reversed "a little too fast" in an empty street and they pulled me over. :'D

·
Registered
180 Posts
Lets remember.. They are police officers, but it's the individual pulling you over. Some will, some won't. I don't remember what all the color associate with, but "RED" stands for power, out-going, vibrant, and to stand out.

·
Registered
149 Posts
the cops done stare at me. i highly suggest you get a radar detector if you get a mustang though because if you have a mustang of course your going to speed. and those bad boys work good. i have a wistler and it has saved me from plenty of tickets. i have had my stang for almost a year and only gotten one ticket because 1. i didnt have my radar detector on and 2. i was going 71 in a 55 but i havnt had much trouble with the cops though

·
Registered
69 Posts
My friend has a bright red Mazda speed three and gets a millon tickets for everything you could think of, i only got 1 speed in my balt (lazer Blue), passed a car doing 15 in a 35, they clocked me at 60, bs, went and fought it, won. no speeds in stangs, the cops respect american muscle here, and hit the ricers

·
Registered
165 Posts
Where I'm from the cops do seem to respect mustangs. I've had 3 mustangs 2 mineral gray and 1 deep violet. Ive never been pulled over. I do remember one time I was passing this little ricer, and the cops started coming up behind me with his lights on. I was like S**T, and then he ended up pulling over the car I passed.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have never been pull over, but they did pull my GF over when she was driving. they told her she was not wearing a seatbelt. when she called to asked where the paper work was, they let her go. No ticket. maybe for the color, maybe for her number, dont know, why she was pull, but the seatbelt thing, was BS. It an convert, so the seatbelt or hidden when you are in it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.