Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any combos of shocks/struts and springs that don’t require other upgrades to suspension like camber/caster plates, bump steer kits, LCAs etc?
I was interested in the Tokico D spec and some Ford Racing K springs, but after doing more research it “seems” like many other parts are “needed”.
I’m looking to lower my car and get some better handling for street use in my 2007 GT.

·
Registered
266 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
I am lowered with Steeda Sport springs and Koni SprT Struts/Shocks. They lowered 1 inch in the front and 1.25 inches in the back. - I paid about $650 for this setup.

You will want a new pair of GT500 strut mounts as it is next to impossible to reuse the stock ones (nor would you want to). - $75 or less.

Your rear axle will be about 1/4 inch off center with the stock panhard bar. An on-car adjustable bar will solve this. - $120 or less

I have heard that your camber may still be in tolerance, but a cheap set of camber bolts can solve this. - $30

Your toe-in will also be off, so an alignment may be necessary -$50

Finally the look and ride quality of your car - $Priceless :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I did the Steeda Sport and D-Spec without any other modifications (2006 convertible). Quite satisfactory.

Recently, Ford Racing "P" springs and Koni Sports. Didn't require any other parts, but I did an adjustable Panhard rod as well. Very similar results to the Steeda Sports, spring-wise; incomparable results with the Koni "yellows" (2009 GT/CS).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts