Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The current collection of Ford discounts and rebates ends today... anyone heard if/what the next round will look like?

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
No, but I'm dying to find out not only what but how long it runs... hopefully it's better and long enough that my car arrives before it expires.

I'm not holding my breath it'll increase much on the '12s though since Ford seems to be intentionally trying to discourage sales on those. :laugh:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I hope they bing back the 1500 rebate for the 12's like they had on the 11's. We were told when we ordered the 12' that the rebate would be the same or better. Guess that was a big lie.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I just got off the phone with customer service and while they still don't have any information about my car she did tell me that new incentives will be out tomorrow.

Rob

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just got off the phone with customer service and while they still don't have any information about my car she did tell me that new incentives will be out tomorrow.

Rob
That's cool if they go up. It will kind of compensate the ones that continue to wait semi patiently.:laughlitt

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
That's cool if they go up. It will kind of compensate the ones that continue to wait semi patiently.:laughlitt
She would not say what they would be, only that they would be out tomorrow. We'll see.

Rob

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Where would one find these new incentives that come out tomorrow?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
The current collection of Ford discounts and rebates ends today... anyone heard if/what the next round will look like?
FYI: starting in 2012, whatever incentives are in place when you order (when Ford gets the order from the dealer), are protected. When you take delivery, you get those or the current incentives, whichever is better. Incentives don't typically go down, so its more of an anti-anxiety program than a financial one.

·
Registered
178 Posts
FYI: starting in 2012, whatever incentives are in place when you order (when Ford gets the order from the dealer), are protected. When you take delivery, you get those or the current incentives, whichever is better. Incentives don't typically go down, so its more of an anti-anxiety program than a financial one.
I checked into the possibility of this and all I could find is that only certain dealers do this.
What do you have to do to be sure the 1500 rebate from the 11's could still be used on a 12'? I can see my dealer saying NO! This is the current rebate period, I don't care what you've read online.:heha:

·
Registered
228 Posts
I checked into the possibility of this and all I could find is that only certain dealers do this.
What do you have to do to be sure the 1500 rebate from the 11's could still be used on a 12'? I can see my dealer saying NO! This is the current rebate period, I don't care what you've read online.:heha:
It applies to all dealers. Some are more knowledgeable about rebates and incentives than others.

Same thing with the $750 voucher. It's valid if a car is ordered before it expires, even if you take delivery afterwards.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Yes, I believe that's strictly a dealer policy to honor the rebate in place at the time of order then allow you to take the better of the two when it comes in.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm just getting more confused about this.
Hopefully, He can get the 1500 plus the 750 if the voucher ever shows up. My head hurts now.:weeps

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yeah not to jump in and contradict anyone but I turned down a deal last year where I ordered a black/stone 101a 3.7 only option was the performance package. I used my mca x plan pin number had all the number worked out for my trade/negotiate the fdaf off etc etc plus I was getting the $1500 in rebates+$750 off coupon. So to make a long story short the car was ordered in the first week of august the coupon expired on 9/5/10 we had a vin# on I believe it was the 27'th of august anyways when my car finally arrived on 9/18/10 and went to the dealer to do the deal. They said the coupon had expired and ford would not allow them to honor it. So the deal fell through because they allready we're giving me as much as they said they could for my trade. So I didn't get my brand new as ordered 2011 perf pack ebony/stone 3.7 because of that exact issue. The rebates didn't change the financing rate was the same my trade in allowance etc etc but that coupon not being redeemed was the deal breaker for me. Whats really sad? The fact they sold the car in less then a week and the first week of october wouldn't you know good ol ford sent me another $750 coupon:yelwacko:

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I asked customer service about the timing of the rebate when I talked to them today. She told me in no uncertain terms that it is the incentives that are valid at the time of the SALE of the car, not at the time you order. Anything different is not coming out of Ford. I can only relay what she told me. Hopefully the incentives will be better and we won't have to worry about it.

Rob

·
Registered
228 Posts
I asked customer service about the timing of the rebate when I talked to them today. She told me in no uncertain terms that it is the incentives that are valid at the time of the SALE of the car, not at the time you order.
No offense, but I'll take the word of my contract and my salesman who sells Ford cars for a living over some lady who answers phones in a call center that may or may not work directly for Ford.

I shopped around at different dealers before placing an order and I was told by each that Ford guarantees not only the rebates, but also the handraiser incentives ($750 voucher)

·
Registered
178 Posts
I sure hope you are right!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I already had my first $750 coupon denied by my dealer back in February. It might be up to them, who the hell knows. Incentives and coupons are not determined by when you order, it's when you take delivery, that's what I understand. I've gotten 3 more coupons in the mail. The last didn't have an expiration date. If they don't honor that one, they'll have a brand new Kona Blue V6 6MT Pony Package on the lot to sell. I won't accept delivery w/o it. And woe is them if they deny paying me back my deposit. :fuming:

·
Registered
228 Posts
And woe is them if they deny paying me back my deposit.
I charged my deposit on a credit card just in case any issue would arise. Since I never signed anything that said it was non-refundable, I can expect a full refund to my card or I can dispute the transaction.

Worst-case senario, obviously. No one wants it to ever come to that :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts