Ford Mustang Forum banner

Any word on Ford Racing Supercharger Kit reliability?

5K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Thewrench 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I've been away from the forum for quite a while. I got into guns and reloading, and kind of put the Mustang on the back burner for a while. Well, now I'm back. I'm pretty sure I'm going to order a Ford Racing supercharger kit in a week or two, but I'm having a hard time finding reports from people that actually have them. What have you guys heard?

All of these new problems with tunes and melted pistons is starting to worry me, but I know the tune in that kit would be spot-on being from Ford. Also, I'm REALLY leaning toward the 624hp kit since I'm not too thrilled about paying a moron at a dealer to install the 525hp kit (the only way to get a warranty) when I'm more than capable to do it myself.

Anyway, what's the word on these kits? Any reports of melted motors?

By the way, this place has gotten really depressing. When I spent a lot of time here a few months back, it was all fun, except for a few ticking threads. It was all "what mods I've done" threads and other fun stuff. Now this place just seems like problem central.

#2 ·
Well, I think there are a lot more people running the Roush kit, but HERE is a guy on the corral that did the 624HP FRPP kit. He hasn't posted that it has blown up. So I guess that's good news. :grinroll:

The only Supercharged 5.0 that I've seen report an engine problem on the forums I go to was due to his O2 sensor extensions.

So they seem to be doing well.

The fact that at least 1 Mechanic has managed to void a warranty repair due to a guy posting about tuning his other car(with software that doesn't work yet on the 11+ even if he wanted to), combined with the new Void them all TSB, has people less excited right now I think. ;)

#3 ·
The fact that at least 1 Mechanic has managed to void a warranty repair due to a guy posting about tuning his other car(with software that doesn't work yet on the 11+ even if he wanted to), combined with the new Void them all TSB, has people less excited right now I think. ;)
LOL really? First of all the new TSB has nothing to do with "void them all." If you have an engine problem caused by a mod you installed you SHOULD have to pay for it. The TSB is just informing dealers to look out for tunes as a possible cause for engine problems.

But regardless of that, I don't think anyone who is planning on getting a supercharger is going to be deterred the least little bit by that TSB, since they know they will be voiding their warranty anyway by installing the supercharger, unless they get one that comes with a warranty, in which case the tune for the supercharger is covered anyway.

#4 ·
If you had read his post you'd see I was replying to his last line and the ;) was showing my jest in people's reactions to the TSB and why people are less likely to post mods.

One guy had a really funny response to someone installing a GT500 rear diffuser voiding his bumpers warranty. :gringreen

#5 ·
Sorry about that. Sometimes sarcasm is hard to pick up in text.

#7 ·
Go for It..It's ONLY 7G's and You Roll The Dice on Melting yoour Piston(s), and NO Ford Does Not, or Will not Warrantee it...But Heck, it's Only ~2500 or so for a Heavy Duty Forged Piston Rebuild..So now your Still only up to around 10G's, Heck thats Cheap!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.