Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAPPY HOUR on Fridays!

I hit happy hour @ Carrabba's (Mason-Montgomery Rd across from Biggs. Fields -Ertel Exit on I-71) around 4:30. The owner/employee's are great!Would be sweet to fill the lot with Mustangs!

·
Registered
273 Posts
CinciForse said:
HAPPY HOUR on Fridays!

I hit happy hour @ Carrabba's (Mason-Montgomery Rd across from Biggs. Fields -Ertel Exit on I-71) around 4:30. The owner/employee's are great!Would be sweet to fill the lot with Mustangs!
hey there CinciForse......welcome to the family.
i havnt been to Carrabba's yet but its on my list. i bought my GT at King's Ford. and i belong to Tri-state Mustang Club which meets out at the Ford training center near there. we'll have to connect some time and share some stories. have a happy new year and stay in touch.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You lucky dawg...I had to drive to Clarksville TN, to find mine. They were the only people I could find that had the color/options I wanted and would still do X-Plan pricing. Great people, worth the drive. Hope to see you at Carrabba's some time.

·
Registered
273 Posts
CinciForse said:
You lucky dawg...I had to drive to Clarksville TN, to find mine. They were the only people I could find that had the color/options I wanted and would still do X-Plan pricing. Great people, worth the drive. Hope to see you at Carrabba's some time.
wow...Clarksville huh? you wanted one bad didnt ya? lol. funny thing how i ended up with my GT. I bought my GT in Feb. i was actually on my way to Cincinnati Harley to buy a new fatboy. but i also wanted a new mustang and hadnt even seen one yet in person. so before i put all my money on a new harley...i decided i wanted to at least see a new GT up close. I called 12 dealers around the area and no one had a GT. Then...10 minutes before i was to leave work to go pick up the harley...Kings Ford called and said they had someone cancel on an order and had this BRIGHT SCREAMING YELLOW 5 speed GT available and if i could be there in 15 minutes they would hold it for me. Kings Ford had pulled the car out front by the street and when i pulled up there must have been 10 people gathered around the car looking at it. My 1st thought was.....oh no, theres no way i'm going to get into a bidding war over this car. but dang...it did look awesome sitting there all shined up in the morning sun. And the 1st thing the salesman asked me was....how much over MSRP are you willing to pay? I pulled out my checkbook....wrote a check for $5000.00 and told the salesman to take it to his manager and tell him i'd pay MSRP and drive it home today. 5 minutes later he returned and said.....lets go sign the papers...you just bought a mustang. It was that easy. i didnt test drive it, i didnt even sit in it. unlike a lot of others that had to wait months for theirs to come in and you...that had to drive 320 miles....mine was the easiest car i ever bought. so i have always thought of it as fate. me and that car were meant to be together. It was built for me. It was waiting for me. and......i have never once regretted not getting the harley.........I absolutely love this car.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I live in Park Hills (just across the river litterally). Ordered mine finally from Airport Ford on the 23rd. Right now it is "Clear and Unscheduled". Anyway I have meat up with KJ a few times would love to meet up with you guys sometime as well. I'll be on business the first part of the year but maybe sometime in mid January we can all meet up. My car probably won't be in until late March but I wasn't planning to drive it in bad weather anyway.

Have a great new year.

Ben

·
Registered
273 Posts
mustangaretuff said:
I live in Park Hills (just across the river litterally). Ordered mine finally from Airport Ford on the 23rd. Right now it is "Clear and Unscheduled". Anyway I have meat up with KJ a few times would love to meet up with you guys sometime as well. I'll be on business the first part of the year but maybe sometime in mid January we can all meet up. My car probably won't be in until late March but I wasn't planning to drive it in bad weather anyway.

Have a great new year.

Ben
Hi there Ben. Sounds like a great idea. Theres getting to be quiet a few local stangers on here. Would love to meet up with you guys. I've met KJ a couple times as well. Went to Tri-State Dragstrip and watched him run that wild beast he's building. and looking forward to watching him run this spring after all the work hes done. i was over in your neck of the woods this past summer for a mustang show at Champion Ford. was a nice turnout. So have a great New year and stay in touch. we'll get together some time.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guy's....

We definately need to get a "get together" started. That's why I suggested Carrabba's on Fridays! Great place, nice employees!

Mustangsaretuff, I feel your pain! I ordered mine on 8/12/05 and was told i would be luck if it was scheduled by january! I found a dealer in TN, that would X-plan an in stock car. they had exactly what i ordered, and more (I didn't order 18" polished but am glad that the one i bought has them. they look fantastic!). I canceled my order (and actually got the deposit back) then drve to TN to get my car!

005 GT,You are so lucky! I wish I could have found one locally! Where do you live? I'm right near the intersection of 22/3 and 48.

Oh, I went to MD and watched KJ's ride on the dyno... it's amazing! unbelievable sound to it!

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Haya!

Well I know all of you... we need more Cinci ppl! :sterb:

When the season starts we can always meet at MD for tune and dyno days Saturday, there is also Egewater Friday nights and Tri-State Saturday afternoons...

GO BENGALS !!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah...I would love to meet some more mustang lovers in Cinci...

The only local I have met so far is KJ, and what I ride he has (He invited me down to MD to watch him dyno it on Thursday)! It turns out my wife knew his wife many moons ago! Now if I can only get her to agree to upgrades like he has!

I usaully hit Carrabba's on Friday's for happy hour. The Manager and Employees(if you ever eat there ask for Ben to wait on you. Tell him you know Scott. He is probably the best. Drew and Jeff rock behind the bar) there take very good care of us. The manager (Dan) has a sweet spot for Stangs...

Happy Hour is 4-7 (I am usually there 4:30-???) and its 1/2 price house wines and all beer/booze; even top shelf and single malt scotch.

I have the black GT you'll see in the lot. Would be great to meet everyone.

I'll post a reminder later in the week!

·
Registered
273 Posts
CinciForse said:
Ah...I would love to meet some more mustang lovers in Cinci...

The only local I have met so far is KJ, and what I ride he has (He invited me down to MD to watch him dyno it on Thursday)! It turns out my wife knew his wife many moons ago! Now if I can only get her to agree to upgrades like he has!

I usaully hit Carrabba's on Friday's for happy hour. The Manager and Employees(if you ever eat there ask for Ben to wait on you. Tell him you know Scott. He is probably the best. Drew and Jeff rock behind the bar) there take very good care of us. The manager (Dan) has a sweet spot for Stangs...

Happy Hour is 4-7 (I am usually there 4:30-???) and its 1/2 price house wines and all beer/booze; even top shelf and single malt scotch.

I have the black GT you'll see in the lot. Would be great to meet everyone.

I'll post a reminder later in the week!
Sounds like a plan Scott. I'll try to be there this Friday. But as KJ knows......I dont drive the mustang if it's raining or snowing. hahaha. If i do drive the mustang...its yellow with black stripes and the tags say...005 GT. otherwise...i drive a white GMC pickup. and the name is Dave......later guys.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I'm working Fridays this month but you guys are the free to talk about me... :rolleyes:

Hopefully we'll find something to do one of the days I'm off... or maybe a Friday in Feb weather permitting...??

I know Ben is out with work this comming week too...

·
Registered
273 Posts
kj_cinci said:
I'm working Fridays this month but you guys are the free to talk about me... :rolleyes:

Hopefully we'll find something to do one of the days I'm off... or maybe a Friday in Feb weather permitting...??

I know Ben is out with work this comming week too...
well shucks KJ....ya working every Friday? Maybe I'll just fly down to Florida with ya. I got a gal in Orlanda i been wanting to visit. hahaha
naw...seriously....we'll have to find a day everyone is in town and set something up. But i been thinking about margitrritas all day for some reason. :)

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
LOL... we'll work something out!

PS. Margharitas are for girls... :laughlitt

·
Registered
305 Posts
I like mixed drinks too.

·
Registered
273 Posts
kj_cinci said:
LOL... we'll work something out!

PS. Margharitas are for girls... :laughlitt
WHAT???????? margitritas are for girls????
well.....come to think of it.....thats who i most often drink em with. LOL
and ckp73.....come on out to Cincy.......I'll buy. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Girls drinks, Boys drinks just don't lose sight of the focus....1/2 Price!

Have a great new year .... Hope to see/meet some of you on Fridays.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
LOL true!

And I'll honestly drink almost anything (with %)... :tongue

·
Registered
265 Posts
Guys, just wanted to give you a heads up...... The car is scheduled for build the week of 1/23..... Could have the car by February

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Congratz !! :green

That's just when the track opens too!! :clap

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.