Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time in years I actually have paid vacation this summer so I've been kind of at a loss on what the hell to do with it.

I've always wanted to go on a real road trip in my car and I figure I could go further and see more if I only stay in a hotel like every other night. I haven't tried it yet but I bet I could be comfortable sleeping in my trunk with the seats down, has anyone done it? :)

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Not unless I get kicked out of the house :gringreen:gringreen:gringreen

·
Registered
784 Posts
ive thought about it but never needed to sleep in my car lol

·
Registered
383 Posts
Dude, get a tent. Camping is like $5-$15 a night in most places and they usually have a shower to boot. Also, I didn't even know the seats went down??? :yelwacko:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude, get a tent. Camping is like $5-$15 a night in most places and they usually have a shower to boot. Also, I didn't even know the seats went down??? :yelwacko:
Might do that, we'll have to see :shigrin

Unless they changed it for your model then there are little loops on the edges of your back seats. If you tug on them they'll release the seatbacks.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
as weird as it is i have done it... and its not bad but at the same time im about 5'10" and about 170lbs and it was a little odd sleeping back there but i have slept in the passenger seat many many times and it very comfortable

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
:gringreen doesn't sound too comfortable to me, I'd rather recline the front seat all the way back if it came down to it.

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
mine is a vert so they don't come down :D

But camping outside will still be roughing it. A sleeping bag will suffice

·
Registered
412 Posts
Don't know about sleeping but the angle of the car will leave buttprints smudges on the inside of the car if u have sex back there...or so I imagine...:cooldude:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Don't know about sleeping but the angle of the car will leave buttprints smudges on the inside of the car if u have sex back there...or so I imagine...:cooldude:
they dont leave smudges... :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
661 Posts
I've slept in the passenger seat comfortably as long as its not too cold, and I was reading somewhere that there is a mod to make it recline all the way which would be awesome for that!!

but I'm small, 5'4" 130, so I have no problems sleeping or doing anything else in the car :winks

·
Registered
169 Posts
I know a NY guy who racked up over 13,000 miles of criss crossing the USA, most of it in the western half. He did this totally tent camping, with many spots in some states being free. The more primative the camping spot, the better for this guy.

My garage was one of his car service pit stops. Never met the guy before I got a phone call: "How are you set up for an oil change?"
Now we are close fiends...

If you do this, set up a network of contact people through this & other Mustang boards.

His car? A 1977 Porsche 911...so a Mustang should hold plenty of gear. Get some backpacking publications to get ideas...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Why not just get a tent and sleep at a rest area? I've done that before its not bad your best time is after midnight so you dont have to much road noise from the highway

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I'm 6'3 so I don't think I would fit very well. I sat in the back seat once just for kicks and giggles and I did not fit. I'm with everyone else, just get a tent and camp somewhere

·
Registered
407 Posts
Why not just get a tent and sleep at a rest area? I've done that before its not bad your best time is after midnight so you dont have to much road noise from the highway
Just don't do that at an American rest stop.... You might have some unwelcome company... seriously...

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Just don't do that at an American rest stop.... You might have some unwelcome company... seriously...
I wouldn't camp out at a rest stop

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I'm 6'1 so maybe the car wouldn't be a perfect sleeping arrangement. Maybe I'll save that option for when I'm stuck and if possible I'll map out campsites along my route.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts