Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running Magniflow low-restriction cats and X pipe with the quiet Mangnaflow mufflers. I am looking for a more aggresive sound but not so loud where it resinates inside. I am sure this hs been brought up a lot here.

Mark

·
Registered
160 Posts
+2. I put the FRPP Stingers a month or so ago after getting tired of the Loudmouths I had. They have just the right sound and agressiveness.

·
Registered
154 Posts
That makes me feel even better cause I was looking at Loudmouths.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
They are rebranded Borla's right?

Borla definitely makes quality stuff, had one on a 240Z a long time ago, sounded very Italian sports car like!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I can get a good deal on a pair so I think I will give them a try. I heard them on a car with the same tune and X pipe as mine and liked what I heard. Hopefully they line up better than my Magnaflows which took 20 minutes to install and 3 hours to get them centered and evan.

Mark

·
Registered
922 Posts
The FRPP GTA's are not as loud as the stingers but they have absolutely no drone. I'm very happy with them.

·
Registered
748 Posts
The FRPP GTA's are not as loud as the stingers but they have absolutely no drone. I'm very happy with them.
+1 on the GTA's.
I drive a lot and I tried a set of FlowMasters for awhile, until the droning in the cabin drove me nuts.
Swapped 'em out for a set of GTA's and couldn't have been happier.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I run the FRPP GTs (Stingers). Very happy with them.
My too! And I love them. I constantly receive compliments on how my car sounds.

At the last open track event on a road course a guy came over and made a comment that you can always tell "when the green car is on the back strecth, it sounds so good".

I have SLP Long Tubes (like STL) an off-road X pipe and FRPP Stingers. No drone like my Flowmasters had, but you do have an exhaust note over 70 mph.

When I install my cage this winter I will by dynamatting the rear interior 1/4 area and the inside of the 1/4s in the trunk and trunk lid.

That will wipe out any noise.

·
Registered
159 Posts
+2. I put the FRPP Stingers a month or so ago after getting tired of the Loudmouths I had. They have just the right sound and agressiveness.
Same thing I did. In my opinion the stingers look and sound the best.

·
Registered
156 Posts
+1 on the GTAs. I like 'em a bunch... no drone at all, and they sound great when I punch it.

Hey Stinger users... How's the drone on them from 1,500 - 2,500 RPM, and at 85MPH?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
the drone isn't terrible with the windows rolled down, but when they're up my head wants to explode... so i just turn up the stereo :)

the FRPP GTs are great man, i love em... there's definitely a reason why Roush, Steeda, and Ford all bought into Borla's design :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got a Bassani catted x-pipe. I used to have Stingers with that. The Stingers were really awesome, particular with that x-pipe w/ high flow cats. But below 2000 rpm, I couldn't stand it. WAY too loud & droney inside. No way you could talk on the cell phone.

So I sold the Stingers and got some GTA's. GTA's barely drone at all (coming from someone who could hear drone in stock mufflers). At WOT, its sounds OK. Just not as sexy as stingers.

Here is a clip of my car with that catted x-pipe + stingers
YouTube - Mustang Exhaust 1.0

And here is one with the catted x-pipe + GTAs
YouTube - Mustang Exhaust 2.0

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
the drone isn't terrible with the windows rolled down, but when they're up my head wants to explode... so i just turn up the stereo :)

the FRPP GTs are great man, i love em... there's definitely a reason why Roush, Steeda, and Ford all bought into Borla's design :bigthumbsup:
I don't notice the drone. I guess I'm losing my hearing!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
+1 on the stingers. I love mine, perfect sound for the look of the s197 imo.

·
Registered
705 Posts
No drone here. These cars are extremely sensitive to the overall combo of exhaust parts. Some most likely do have drone...like I did with the Flowjunkers. I hated them, but the car came with them. The FRPP Stingers made a huge difference for me. But my wife's car with the GTA mufflers does cruise quieter overall.

I don't cruise at 85, so wouldn't know. I see it on the way to 120mph in the 1/4 or 140mph on the road course.

As for the RPM range. No issues there? Smooth as silk for 470 miles each way to Bowling Green.

Well except for the POS Motive gears that are now out.

Like I said though, all results will vary. Even having the blower made my cruise note quieter on the hwy, but louder under power of course.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just installed the FRP GTA's and could not be more pleased. Nice rumble at idle, great sound on accelleration and no drone on the highway. Plus they look awesome. :happyhapp

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.