Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eyepoppin I know I may get blasted for this, but what they heck!!! These things seem so high priced for what you get. Does anybody know if we could have a few people each chip in some money and buy one together and use it on multiple cars? Is there a limit as to how many different cars can be flashed from one programmer? It wouldn't cost that much to ship it between people... I just find it hard to spend $400-$500 to get a few horses, mainly I would just like to get rid of the throttle lag. Let me know...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nope, won't work. The tuner knows what car you programmed and won't allow you to program another.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yup, only one tuner per car unfortunatly.

·
Registered
80 Posts
When you restore the original stock tune (which is pulled and stored the first time you use the tuner), it will "unlearn" the car it belongs to and you can use it on another car.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
All true... and we can't sell, trade, buy, or share (I guess...) in the forums... use the classifieds please!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just buy a tuner!.....Its more than just a few HP....You will be glad you did. I paid $675 for a tuner/CAI combo with custom tunes installed by Brenspeed. He has a car that runs 12.60's on sticky tires with this same combo. I like the idea of buying from someone who Dyno tunes on his personal car and shows how it runs. It was worth every penny, and some!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.