Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone adjusted the clutch on their GT yet? Is there much involved? I think the pedal engages way too high. I'd like to tighten it up a bit. Shouldn't take more than a couple of wrench turns, right?

The last clutch I worked on was on my dad's 81 Chevy pickup. It was cold, raining, we didn't have a transmission jack :sterb:, and the truck was stacked on wooden 2x4 blocks, so I've tried to forget about it as much as possible.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
On the '97 Cobra I had as the clutch wore you could easily retension it, but it would "grab" in the same place it did before. To adjust it you simply pull up on the clutch pedal and slowly push it to the floor. (This entire process is easily done with your foot) Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Aggie's Mustang said:
I found some manual pages here. I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

http://www.2005stang.com/viewtopic.php?t=1087
Good find. You can also go to Helms. If they don't have the factory manual out yet, you can put your name down to be notified and they will send you a card when avail.

BTW, the clutch is hydralic and unless the clutch master has an adjustable rod, which I didn't see, there won't be any adjustment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts