Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering because i see Brenspeed has some for discounted prices that have been unlocked and cleared? I guess just wanting to know the advantages to buying a brand new one? Is it a warrenty issue or something?My neighbor hasnt pulled the trigger on anything but Spring is coming. He came down to my house yesterday 3 times to ask questions and look at mine,lol. He is sooo excited ! Brent

·
Registered
538 Posts
I know that if a DiabloSport tuner is reset it will work on another car. One reason could be a car going in for warranty work and the owner didn't want to put the tune back on the car. It would be hard to ensure the tune is actually gone though. One thing I know for sure is that Brenspeed has a good rep.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I see no problem buying a used Xcal if its had the firmware updated. Sounds like a good way to save a few bucks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I ended up with a great deal... Xcal and JLT CAI for $200.00. I drove down, we installed and retuned on the spot. No issues at all with a used tuner as long as it is unlocked...

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I ended up with a great deal... Xcal and JLT CAI for $200.00. I drove down, we installed and retuned on the spot. No issues at all with a used tuner as long as it is unlocked...
Wow... Now that's what I call a good deal!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts