Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't see paying $200+ for a CAI that adds a few HP.

Anyone do a homemade CAI yet ? If so, tell us how with pics.

·
Banned
1,345 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I'm impressed by the effort and time the guy put into making it. Stuff like that will make me stop and talk to the owner at a car show.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I can't see paying $200+ for a CAI that adds a few HP.

Anyone do a homemade CAI yet ? If so, tell us how with pics.
I think you would find it worth it to buy a cai from a reputable company such as airaid or jlt. Even if you don't feel a power increase, you will notice more throttle response and an awesome growl. Btw, did you change your settings so you can receive pm's yet?

J

·
0 Posts
That CF hack job was ugly.

Have you looked into Spectre? They sell universal intakes. You can clamp or weld the segments together and make your own CAI for much less than JLT/CL. The sell them at vatozone/pep boys. Now before you ask: No I haven't used one nor has anyone else here so we don't know how much they cost or if they free-up power.

The responsible adult in me has to say: If $200 for a quality made product is too much then maybe you need to learn to save up and be patient or even re-evaluate your priorities in life. Mods are not a NEED. Food is a need, diapers are a need, rent is a need. Hacking on the OEM intake when the car is still being financed is not what I'd call a smart move, what are you going to do at trade in with that mess under the hood?

If you're worried about that small amount of $$ then perhaps modding isn't the best idea anyway. It only gets more expensive, especially when you break things and void your warranty.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Yea these cars have very sensitive maf sensors as well. youll most likely set of a check engine light unless Your able to get the maf sensor cut out to be the exact same as the stock one

·
Registered
375 Posts
That CF hack job was ugly.

Have you looked into Spectre? They sell universal intakes. You can clamp or weld the segments together and make your own CAI for much less than JLT/CL. The sell them at vatozone/pep boys. Now before you ask: No I haven't used one nor has anyone else here so we don't know how much they cost or if they free-up power.

The responsible adult in me has to say: If $200 for a quality made product is too much then maybe you need to learn to save up and be patient or even re-evaluate your priorities in life. Mods are not a NEED. Food is a need, diapers are a need, rent is a need. Hacking on the OEM intake when the car is still being financed is not what I'd call a smart move, what are you going to do at trade in with that mess under the hood?

If you're worried about that small amount of $$ then perhaps modding isn't the best idea anyway. It only gets more expensive, especially when you break things and void your warranty.
I agree with this.

I can't even believe this is a real question.

You will see little to benefit from a CAI by itself. You need to get a tune as well to bring out the full advantage of the CAI.

I'm guessing you can't afford to get a tune, and no, you can't make and apply your own tune with your old Zune player and a USB cable, so don't even ask :heha:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts