Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or wives jealous of the love you show to your baby, your everything, your one and only?

its only been two weeks (2 years including v6) but I can tell my girl is getting a little jealous :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just broke up with my gf because she was too much maintenance. My mustang on the other hand gets turned on in seconds, I feed her once a week, she doesn't mind if I'm checking out other cars, I have 100% control over the direction the car goes at all times, I can accessorize my car whenever I want regardless of if it's our "3 month anniversary", and lastly the top comes off whenever I want if I push the right buttons!! :winks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just broke up with my gf because she was too much maintenance. My mustang on the other hand gets turned on in seconds, I feed her once a week, she doesn't mind if I'm checking out other cars, I have 100% control over the direction the car goes at all times, I can accessorize my car whenever I want regardless of if it's our "3 month anniversary", and lastly the top comes off whenever I want if I push the right buttons!! :winks

god, I just got in a fight with my gf asking/yelling "why arent you these things?!"

and after the argument I realized she is all those things (she is looking over my shoulders as I am typing this) :worship

·
Registered
268 Posts
I can't tell you all the times I hear...."You love your car more than me" I just smile :)

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Well, what are you going to do without a girl friend and/or wife...
Stick it in the exhaust pipe?
Man up, take care of all three…
Mustang, Wife and Girl Friend

·
Registered
549 Posts
I've had to tone down the car obsession a little bit.

I was with my wife in the car at a drive through, looked over to the passenger side to see the reflection of my car in the windows of an adjacent building. I didn't think this was a romantic moment, but my wife thought I was looking/admiring her, until I blurted out "wow, those new wheels look really good on my car!". *DOH* Needless to say, she wasn't happy about it.

Car is great, but gotta make sure your priorities are straight :bigthumbsup. Unhappy wife == unhappy life == less car mods.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've had to tone down the car obsession a little bit.

I was with my wife in the car at a drive through, looked over to the passenger side to see the reflection of my car in the windows of an adjacent building. I didn't think this was a romantic moment, but my wife thought I was looking/admiring her, until I blurted out "wow, those new wheels look really good on my car!". *DOH* Needless to say, she wasn't happy about it.

Car is great, but gotta make sure your priorities are straight :bigthumbsup. Unhappy wife == unhappy life == less car mods.
Well said! Could not have said it any better!

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
My fiance isn't completely behind my obsession either. I try really hard to not make it seem like a huge deal, but I can't help myself.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My wife understands as long as I don't go to crazy, most times she is like if we can afford it and not be in the poor house and makes you happy then I am for it. Cause if I am happy then her life is much easier. She understands the love I have for my car, even though she just looks at it as a car.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mine just wishes my car would get here "so we can start going on dates again". We haven't been to the movies since January & hardly go out to dinner anymore, as I'm saving all the expendable cash that I can for a decent down payment.

·
Registered
459 Posts
My wife understands as long as I don't go to crazy, most times she is like if we can afford it and not be in the poor house and makes you happy then I am for it. Cause if I am happy then her life is much easier. She understands the love I have for my car, even though she just looks at it as a car.
Ditto

My fiancee knew going in that I have a special love for cars and that's ok with her. It translates into her car shining pretty good too, so it all works out. I can wax my car all I want, add stuff all I want as long as her ride gets a little attention every once in a while too. I think it's pretty fair.

I think it's silly for a chick to be jealous of a car. I love my car, but my car couldn't give me a lot of things she can. Conversely she can't give me things the car can. I love them in different ways accordingly.

·
Registered
449 Posts
these cars bring loads of fun , but at the end of the day they don't love us back.

·
Registered
284 Posts
My wife said that "I rub on that car more than I rub on her". But after 25 years of marriage, she's ok with it.:laugh:
Her 1st car was a 65 mustang so she really likes the car too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
these cars bring loads of fun , but at the end of the day they don't love us back.
Everytime I put in the key and turn her over, I feel like I am being loved back right then and there. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
77 Posts
This works for my wife but probably not for all women.

Try to involve her in the car. Next time you change the oil or rotate the tires, invite her out to the garage and show her how to do everything/ have her help. Have her help you wash the car. Afterwords go out for a fun drive and maybe some ice cream or something.

Make it something she's part of instead of competition for your attention.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
god, i was laughing so much reading through these posts

I love my girlfriend, shes perfect...all in good fun

but I feel all of you guys, as Ive been in the same situations and scenarios and have felt the same way ahah:kooky:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
I agree with the "involve your gf/wife/so" in the car. I had my wife pick out a couple options she really liked (glass roof & heated seats) and had her "help me" pick an exhaust (maybe with a little bit of steering towards the ones I wanted) and stuff like that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.