Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I personally stick with the Seafoam method myself, 1/3-1/2 a can of Seafoam in the oil, run it for 4-6hrs, drain, and then proceed as normal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i generly use about 2 cups of kerosene rite before i chane the oil let it idle till it gets good and hot pull the drain plug right away and it rushes out fast , let it sit for a good half hour , been doin it this way for 10 years no problems dont drive the car, keeps engine nice and clean, also in your case use a good grade oil change it every 2 thousand miles should clean up some :laughlitt

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have un-stuck lifters by pouring atf down the throttle throat and reving enough to avoid stalling. it works. I don't think it would be wise with today's sensors and computers.
I have used motor flush successfully, but I haven't seen one bad enough to merit it in years. Any engine neglected to that extent is best used as a core or builder.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
using a qaurt of auto trans fluid which is higher in detergents with 4 quarts of dino is what we did back in the day. Doesn't work too fast too gum stuff up but does work well over a period of oil changes.

I did just flush my engine about 2 months ago with diesel, but it was after a dog bone misplaced and I ate up my stock roller lifter and cam. Removed the intake, opened the timing cover, pulled both drain plugs and flushed the engine with diesel to remove particles. Used a power bleeder glass bottle, a shop vac and some tygon tubing to vacuum the small remainaing diesel in the front and main sumps. When I cut open the old filter there wasn't too much slivers in the media as the cam was not eaten up to bad but about 1/3 of a roller was (about what I found in the filter and I run good ones - Wix) so I put it all back together with a new cam and some cheap oil and ran it for 10 minutes then drained and checked the filter again - 0 slivers so I was done.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts