Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever tried putting in a 6 speed transmission so that you can have the steep gears and still have a top gear for cruising 70+ without going over 2.5k?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
ItsaV6iswear! said:
anyone ever tried putting in a 6 speed transmission so that you can have the steep gears and still have a top gear for cruising 70+ without going over 2.5k?

NO
You won't be happy if you do........I just got off the phone with Brothers and was discussing Tremecs and other trannys, and they say as others have, the 6speed for stangs is a waste of time and $$ and Won't help Qtr times or anything else..............

Go Tremec tko 600 5 speed ...........The Tremec 6-speed works but is unecessary........The Ford racing 6speed is crap and won't hold up to hp over 425 hp.........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,579 Posts
TK421DS said:
NO
You won't be happy if you do........I just got off the phone with Brothers and was discussing Tremecs and other trannys, and they say as others have, the 6speed for stangs is a waste of time and $$ and Won't help Qtr times or anything else..............

Go Tremec tko 600 5 speed ...........The Tremec 6-speed works but is unecessary........The Ford racing 6speed is crap and won't hold up to hp over 425 hp.........
It may not help 1/4 times but the closer gears of the Viper spec T-56 would do wonders for a road racer by keeping the engine in its powerband.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was looking at the 6 speed so that i could use the 4.10 gears and do about the same as 5 speed on drag strip and still have a good cruising gear?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,579 Posts
ItsaV6iswear! said:
i was looking at the 6 speed so that i could use the 4.10 gears and do about the same as 5 speed on drag strip and still have a good cruising gear?
If I had the money, I would have already done it.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top