Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have any friends/co-workers who own a 2011+ V6 Mustang, and they have consistently given you $h!t about how "Their car is just as fast, if not faster than yours...hahaha and its only a V6 hahaha....:p These people know absolutely nothing about the "Torque Curve" of their vehicle.:nono:
My friend put some Flowmaster axle back exhaust on his V6 and told me that his sounds better than mine....LMAO. It sounds decent from Idle to 1500, but after that it sounds like RICE/Tuner. I just dont get it.
Ive got one friend who owns a 2011 and a co-worker who owns a 2012. I have raced both of these guys(not at the track:nono:) and beaten both by a car length or more. And decimated them off of the line too. Yet they still give me crap all of the time. BTW both of these guys have pretty much the same mods i do, cause i've given them the advice.
I'm not trying to bash the V6 mustang, I used to own one that was modded to hell. All I'm saying is, just because it has 305 BHP, dont come talking $h!t to a GT owner about his/her pony. Don't go getting jealous of GT owners and their sweet rumbling exhaust sounds and wonderful Torque Curves because your wife/mom made you get a V6 cause MPG's. Go out and show those ricers a thing or two, and be glad to be apart of the Mustang family! And just be glad you got a car that performs wonderfully, is USA, and looks better than most!:winks

In all honesty, Im just ranting cause my co-worker started talking $h!t about my car and told everyone at work that it was faster than mine and how ugly mine was and basically how his crap dont stink kind of thing. and he was full of it!
HP sells cars, Torque wins races.

Thank You for listening to my RANT!

·
Registered
550 Posts
I understand your rant because that would be very annoying but just think of it as flattery. Bottom line is that they don't have a GT and that great growl. I would agree the new v6's are nice but if I were to get a 11' or 12' it would most definetely be the 5.0 not a v6. Nuff said!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ask him what he thinks about the fact that there are minivans coming off the line pushing the same HP numbers as his car, lol.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 3.7L seems to have plenty of torque:
(first one is 2005 GT, second is 2011 V6)
Sure @4000 + Both my friends DynoJet graphs which started at 1500 rpms were way below 100 hp until 2500+....which is why off the line....a 2008 GT is faster. I love the new V6's and I am glad that Ford Finally got their stuff together and gave them the power they deserve but, Im just saying... lets all be on the same team here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand your rant because that would be very annoying but just think of it as flattery. Bottom line is that they don't have a GT and that great growl. I would agree the new v6's are nice but if I were to get a 11' or 12' it would most definetely be the 5.0 not a v6. Nuff said!
LOL yeah, ill try to see it that way. And I agree.. I wish i had Coyote in mine.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ask him what he thinks about the fact that there are minivans coming off the line pushing the same HP numbers as his car, lol.
Lol...Wouldn't that stand true for the 4.6 V8 also ? Or would it be more horsepower in a minivan than your 4.6 powered GT Pony? :yup:

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Lol...Wouldn't that stand true for the 4.6 V8 also ? Or would it be more horsepower in a minivan than your 4.6 powered GT Pony? :yup:
Haven't seen a stock minivan putting out 320 foot-pounds of torque.... However I have seen minivans put out more horse power AND torque than the mighty 245 Cologne v6... :heha::heha::heha::heha:

An article in the August 5.0 Mustang about a supercharged 3.7.... A whopping 415 hp/337ft-lbs... Wow 337 ft-lbs.... MAYBE it could run with a stock 2011 V8..... a centrifugal on my lowly 3-valve v8. It's first run put out +100 more hp. Final conservative tune still put out 85 rwhp more and 90 more ft-lbs of torque. This is the new might V6??? Brag about the better mpg... You'll have a leg to stand on...

·
Registered
825 Posts
Funny but I have never had this issue. Maybe it has something to do with my blower? :?: However, challengers have commented how nice my sequential tail light look. :kooky:

·
Registered
225 Posts
The 4.6 is faster

Hey folks, listen up. I own one of each, a 2007 GT/CS (5-speed manual, 3.31 rear) and a 2011 convertible (6-speed manual, 2.73 rear). The new 3.7 V6 is smooth, has respectable performance, and may be quicker than some older fox body GTs. In the V6 car, I tend to do more shifting, as it does not have the torque of the 4.6 V8. I like both my cars, but the GT/CS is without a doubt faster. :smoke:

·
Registered
128 Posts
If the person making fun of my 4.0 has a new 'stang with the MT82 (the China made 6spd manual) I let them know about all the problems their tranny is supposed to have :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
i have a v6 yea a SIX. so what! i beat gt's most recently 2004 gt. i dont think its funny to own a six i think its funny beating 8's and ricers. dont get me wrong my next car will be the coyote but i just dont get how ppl bash the v6's. i get what your saying about your freinds talking trash at work, but dont go say stuff like "hahaha and its only a V6 hahaha". that is ignorant. :nono:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have a v6 yea a SIX. so what! i beat gt's most recently 2004 gt. i dont think its funny to own a six i think its funny beating 8's and ricers. dont get me wrong my next car will be the coyote but i just dont get how ppl bash the v6's. i get what your saying about your freinds talking trash at work, but dont go say stuff like "hahaha and its only a V6 hahaha". that is ignorant. :nono:
I wasn't laughing and saying it was only a V6... They were!" Hahaha a v6 and it's beats a V8!" that's what they were saying. Which is wrong when it's a 24 valve SOHC 4.6L with VCT in 2008 GT/CS with a Manual Tranny and 3.55 gears driven by me.
Theres no replacement for displacement, not to mention 2 extra larger sized cylinders.

I don't mean any disrespect to 2011+ V6 Owners as long as they keep it real, just like everyone should. I'm sure the new sixer has no problems pulling an older GT. But not a 3V 4.6, unless the driver sucks and/or their engine is all ragged out, or they aren't racing. Don't assume your car is the fastest thing besides the 5.0.

R

·
0 Posts
And the jerk V8 owners are out in force on AFM once again. How... predictable.

It sounds decent from Idle to 1500, but after that it sounds like RICE/Tuner.

Don't go getting jealous of GT owners and their sweet rumbling exhaust sounds and wonderful Torque Curves because your wife/mom made you get a V6 cause MPG's.
Bottom line is that they don't have a GT and that great growl.
However I have seen minivans put out more horse power AND torque than the mighty 245 Cologne v6... :heha::heha::heha::heha:

This is the new might V6??? Brag about the better mpg... You'll have a leg to stand on...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dude I'm not v6 bashing, I'm talking about my peeps and their retardedness. The only thing I was saying was that talking crap about a 2008 Mustang GT/CS when you own a 2011+ V6 is a :nono: . As far as I'm concerned talking crap about any Mustang is WRONG! The only people to really make fun of are ricers in VTak winged Mom cars or retarded Tiburon lamers who think their 16 second car is the greatest thing since light spread. LMFAO.
Btw if you looked my sig/profile you'd see that I used to own a Lovely 3.8 New Edge SN95 that I miss dearly.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Please:laugh:. I've owned both and what I said holds true for my current (07 GT) as well.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I wasn't laughing and saying it was only a V6... They were!" Hahaha a v6 and it's beats a V8!" that's what they were saying. Which is wrong when it's a 24 valve SOHC 4.6L with VCT in 2008 GT/CS with a Manual Tranny and 3.55 gears driven by me.
Theres no replacement for displacement, not to mention 2 extra larger sized cylinders.

I don't mean any disrespect to 2011+ V6 Owners as long as they keep it real, just like everyone should. I'm sure the new sixer has no problems pulling an older GT. But not a 3V 4.6, unless the driver sucks and/or their engine is all ragged out, or they aren't racing. Don't assume your car is the fastest thing besides the 5.0.
i drive a 05 v6 and i dont claim to be the fastest six around because im not. but there are fast azz sixes out there and if people who are quick to put v6's down did some research they would know with the money saved buying a v6 you could mod it to a v8 killer. displacement is overrated, of course there is a nice sound but if you mod the 4.0 correctly the six will not sound like a ricer and it will be fast. you sound ignorant not to be mean but your making it sound like your v8 is gods gift to life. seriously people with v8's need to take their heads out the sand and realize v6's beat eights, just check out google or youtube

·
Registered
784 Posts
i drive a 05 v6 and i dont claim to be the fastest six around because im not. but there are fast azz sixes out there and if people who are quick to put v6's down did some research they would know with the money saved buying a v6 you could mod it to a v8 killer. displacement is overrated, of course there is a nice sound but if you mod the 4.0 correctly the six will not sound like a ricer and it will be fast. you sound ignorant not to be mean but your making it sound like your v8 is gods gift to life. seriously people with v8's need to take their heads out the sand and realize v6's beat eights, just check out google or youtube
it takes a lot more work to make a 6 faster than an 8. a lot of the foreign cars are able to get a lot of hp out of their 6s however. who ever has the deepest pockets wins. :nogrinner

·
Registered
558 Posts
So with this logic a modded V6 will beat V8's? Apples to Oranges there buddy. Take a V6 and dump a grand into it. Now take a GT and do the exact same mods to it for a grand. Who wins? GT 95% of the time. Modded vs stock is not a fair comparison. Anyone can make anything fast with enough money. Comming from someone who literally has dropped thousands into both kinds I would think I know something about the subject. :smartass:

1 - 20 of 155 Posts