Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Passport 8500 and want to get it hardwired to free up my accessory plug. Has anyone done this with your Stang? I had this done on my 09 Charger by Sound Advice.

·
Registered
348 Posts
There is an access panel near the feet of the passenger. Here, you can tap into acc power, constant power, etc. I can't remember where the thread is, but it is also used to power on Amplifiers and other devices.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just hook into passenger side, then run wire up the side then through the headliner should take about 15 minutes.

Sent from my DROID2

·
Registered
210 Posts
I hard wired my V1.

I tapped into the fuse panel in the passenger side kick panel using an add-a-circuit, on a 12v switched fuse. So the radar only turns on when the car is on.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just hook into passenger side, then run wire up the side then through the headliner should take about 15 minutes.

Sent from my DROID2
Exactly what I did. Very easy.

A guy I work with hooked in to the back of the rearview mirror. Wish I had thought of that sooner!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took it to Best Buy and they had the install kit. Got talking with the installer and he has a 10 GT, so I let him do the install for $30.

·
Registered
131 Posts
There's a perfect tap point up in the dome light housing. That's were I ran mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.