Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying one of these and have read about the "whine" or whistle sound it makes. I did a search and there appears to be a work around to fix this. I was wondering if anyone has video of the throttle body whine/whistle?

Thanks

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i didnt notice any of that with the tb. the exhaust note got a wee-bit louder maybe. are you thinking of the spacers that wistle? whats the work around?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I am looking at buying one of these and have read about the "whine" or whistle sound it makes. I did a search and there appears to be a work around to fix this. I was wondering if anyone has video of the throttle body whine/whistle?

Thanks
I notice a very small whistle noise, but barely noticeable once my s/c whine kicks in lol...I heard/read about the whistle alot before I bought my TB. Think it may be a hit and miss thing. I think its so faint, that when I hear it, my gf in the psngr seat can not...so one of those things lol.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i didnt notice any of that with the tb. the exhaust note got a wee-bit louder maybe. are you thinking of the spacers that wistle? whats the work around?
I read in another thread that the spacers did not really do anything to help, so I was not planning on getting one. The work around that I have read deals with using a small dremmel to smooth the edges of the throttle body.

I wanted to see if I could "hear" the whine because I am not the best with hand tools and may either live with the sound or not get at all.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I read in another thread that the spacers did not really do anything to help, so I was not planning on getting one. The work around that I have read deals with using a small dremmel to smooth the edges of the throttle body.

I wanted to see if I could "hear" the whine because I am not the best with hand tools and may either live with the sound or not get at all.
Its not a constant, from the start of the engine until you kill it noise...its only when a certain % of throttle is applied...other than that I never hear it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts