Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw them on e-bay and ordered one...$17.99 with shipping...if anyone has one in use is there any reception loss??..the stocker is just too big for the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...ok.... i guess not...i'll let you know how i make out and post pics when it comes in........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
I've got the same one. It looks so much better on the car and where I live, I have not seen a bit of difference in the reception I'm getting with the shorter mast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
mustangannie said:
I bought the same one on ebay and I have not had any problems with it and it looks AWESOME!
I'm curious on what the installation of a new antenna is like. I hate the stock one, but am afraid that if I get a new one I won't be able to hook it up correctly, considering I know nothing about cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
Jenkinsbball said:
I'm curious on what the installation of a new antenna is like. I hate the stock one, but am afraid that if I get a new one I won't be able to hook it up correctly, considering I know nothing about cars.
You take a wrench and unscrew the old one. Screw the new one back on and tighten it with the wrench. That's about it. 5 minutes. Can't screw it up unless you manage to cross thread it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
pic

i was looking at it as well do you guy have any pic.. the one on the web
site are not that good..
 
G

·
savagess said:
i was looking at it as well do you guy have any pic.. the one on the web
site are not that good..
I agree... it's kind of hard to see them with the pics they provide. Are the antennas you guys purchased solid black? It's probably just the pic but it looks like it has yellow on it. If they are straight black I think I'll get one. Not a major addition to the vehicle but I did manually shorten the one on my 96GT and it's just one of those subtle things. The price definately looks good on these.

Thanks...

Snack.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i still haven't got it yet, but i emailed him about the picture on ebay and he said it was solid black...it it a bad pic. i should get it in the next few days..i'll give a report w/pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
I'm going to look into this too. I haven't changed anything yet on mine - but I was surprised (disappointed) when I saw how ordinary of an antenna was being put on these cars from the factory. I remember looking at early brochure pictures, and seeing no antenna on these Mustangs. Wondered if they were in the windshield. I think this will be a nice upgrade.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
If you go to www.mossmustang.com they have a few different styles in many different colors that range from 17" to 19". I am ordering one as soon as I decide what color looks better for my WB 06 GT, but I am leaning towards the polished chrome look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Yes the antenna-x ones are solid black....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,106 Posts
mustangannie said:
I bought the same one on ebay and I have not had any problems with it and it looks AWESOME!
Geez, those stripes are cool, mustangannie! I was going to ask "are they green or purple?" but then I saw the other pics... Awesome. And yes, black is the only color for mustangs :)

It took me three weeks to even see that I had an antenna. It is black, like the car so it disappears unless you are looking for it. Stealthy :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
need pic... any one have any yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
mustangannie said:
I will post a pic tomorrow of the antenna...Thanks JetBlack! My stripes are mystic green!
Wow, Mustangannie - what a stripe job ! Good to see some originality on the forum, especially something that looks good. :tongue This reminds me of the type of paint that was available (for considerably extra money) on the hand-built TVRs in the UK. They called it "flip-flop" paint - changed colour depending on the direction and angle of incidence.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
price

Can i ask you what you paid for the painted strips .
and what did they for clear coating.

ect.. thank for the info..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
steve999_1 said:
Wow, Mustangannie - what a stripe job ! Good to see some originality on the forum, especially something that looks good. :tongue This reminds me of the type of paint that was available (for considerably extra money) on the hand-built TVRs in the UK. They called it "flip-flop" paint - changed colour depending on the direction and angle of incidence.
Thank you! They do change color depending on the angle from where you look at them! You can see shades of purple, green and browns, at least 5 different shades!

savagess said:
Can i ask you what you paid for the painted strips .
and what did they for clear coating.

ect.. thank for the info..
2500.00 with clear coating!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey! how did we get on stripes??? back to the antenna...here's the pics...doesn't look too bad...i actually think if it were a few inches longer it would look better. paint came a little scratched at base of antenna..otherwise mast is identical to stock.picture#(1)side by side(2)original(3)antenna x.
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top