Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone have H-Pipes?

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  lcurle 
#1 ·
I'm getting a dual exhaust system put on my car for christmas this year...

At first, we were going to do a full dual exhaust straight from the headers, but the muffler shop closed up from some sort of tax thing...

Then we were just going to order a 2.5in dual exhaust that connected at the stock Y section... But with shipping and etc... its gonna be well over 400 bucks for a system thats really not all that great...

Now...

I've been doing a little research on H-Pipes... Some say that with the V6's firing order, the H-pipe set up gives a better sound and also keeps the backpressure up to give some extra power...

What I'm wondering is if there's any V6'ers here that have an H-Pipe set up, and if you could please tell me how much you paid to have yours done, I would appreciate it :)

#2 ·
jegs has one for a $119? Im in the process of custom making a h-pipe for the v6ers that remove the cats and leave the resignators. Although this will give you a check engine light from the o2 sensors, unless you allready have them turned off or have MIL eliminators.

#3 ·
A friend of mine had a new one , still in the box , that he wanted to sale . It came from summit . I will forward this thread to him to see if he still has . Maybe you both might get lucky !

It is the same H Pipe I have on my 98 . Fits nice and wasn`t to hard to install .

#4 ·
Yeah I have it... Its new and never out of the box.. I just saw it in the garage yesterday... I ordered it for Punxsystang who is a good friend of mine and somehow i didnt think the web order went through so i Phoned into Summit racing and ordered it.....

Well low and behold 2 of them showed up And I just never returned it.. youll have to ask Punxsystang how much it was... But Ill make you a heck of a deal on it since I do not own a mustang.... you can contact me at sircrx@gmail.com

Thanks
Chris

#5 ·
Punxsy Stang said:
A friend of mine had a new one , still in the box , that he wanted to sale . It came from summit . I will forward this thread to him to see if he still has . Maybe you both might get lucky !

It is the same H Pipe I have on my 98 . Fits nice and wasn`t to hard to install .
That's the Pacesetter we discussed awhile ago, eh?

#6 ·
Yeah its not getting any more valuable in may garage and i can use the money.. . . . . make me a fair offer on it or make me some sort of trade. . . . . . . car audio / video stuff/ electronics/ computer stuff. . . . .etc. . . . . . i just want rid of it for something ath I can use. ..

thanks. . .
Chris

#7 ·
Well, what I'm really asking for is if there's anyone who had a custom H-Pipe installed at a shop or something and how much they paid for it. The shop where I'm doing this at said they can't give me an estimate without looking at my car first. Its a two hour drive, and I don't have alot of time to drive 2 hours there, spend 20 minutes, and drive 2 hours back. I appreciate the offer to sell me parts, but I don't have the ability to do the installation myself. So, if anyone can help, I appreciate it.

#8 ·
mac_mogul said:
Well, what I'm really asking for is if there's anyone who had a custom H-Pipe installed at a shop or something and how much they paid for it. The shop where I'm doing this at said they can't give me an estimate without looking at my car first. Its a two hour drive, and I don't have alot of time to drive 2 hours there, spend 20 minutes, and drive 2 hours back. I appreciate the offer to sell me parts, but I don't have the ability to do the installation myself. So, if anyone can help, I appreciate it.
actually, it's an easy install. you need a ramp, two jackstands, and either a person to hold it up while you bolt it in, or a hydraulic lift to hold it for you. The toughest part is holding it tight to the undercarriage while you bolt it in, so it doesn't sag.

#9 ·
kscoyote said:
actually, it's an easy install. you need a ramp, two jackstands, and either a person to hold it up while you bolt it in, or a hydraulic lift to hold it for you. The toughest part is holding it tight to the undercarriage while you bolt it in, so it doesn't sag.
I'm a college student. I have various screwdrivers and a parking lot to work in.:hihi:

#10 ·
mac_mogul said:
I'm a college student. I have various screwdrivers and a parking lot to work in.:hihi:
well, If you're just having the h-pipe installed, it should probably run $30 . ..

For custom work, done correctly, without restrictions at the bend areas, figure $130-150 .. .

It'll be cheaper to get a robot made Pacesetter, and install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.